+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does my boyfriend seem more excited by girls who get better grades than me?

Why does my boyfriend seem more excited by girls who get better grades than me?

My boyfriend has overachieved all his life. His house is filled with medals and plaques that he's received throughout high school and college. I admire his intelligence, among other aspects of his personality. He treats me fairly and shows me love, and I love him too. I am carefree, creative and a little impulsive, and i think he's intrigued by that. I add colour to his life by being a little wacky and bold and he brings me a sense of calm and security.

That being said, I can't help being a little insecure. I wonder sometimes if I am not smart enough for him. I mean, I cannot, for the life of me, sit in a spot and study concentratedly! I lack the focus and drive that people like him seem to have. It saddens me a little that whenever we bump into female classmates from college who achieved grades similar to his, his eyes light up and he suddenly seems very stimulated by the conversation. And if I try to contribute to the conversation, it seems to me as if he would rather I just kept quiet, as if I don't get to have a say, since I was not part of the 'Dean's List'

I think this, most probably, has to do with my own insecurities of "not being intelligent enough", but what are your thoughts? Does anyone who's dated a similar individual have some advice for me? Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by lillyr View Post
    I think this, most probably, has to do with my own insecurities of "not being intelligent enough"
    You've answered the question yourself. But if your BF is happy with you and the relationship what is the problem?

Stop comparing yourself with others cause we all have different quality's.

and date someone more like you and of your level then instead of dating him and keep comparing and crap its annoying

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    Stop comparing yourself with others cause we all have different quality's.

and date someone more like you and of your level then instead of dating him and keep comparing and crap its annoying
    Seriously?! Please get off this site because your advice sucks and you're happen to be an incredibly callous individual. I'll be waiting for your useless and callous reply Im sure.

Op.... your BF admires you for that. I do too! I wish I could be more spontaneous and creative sometimes
    Last edited by surfhb; 21-10-12 at 03:33 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is ALWAYS someone smarter, prettier, handsomer, sexier, wealthier....

I hope the next part is obvious. There are two ways you can deal with this knowledge. Depends what kind of person you, and your BF are. Even that is no guarantee. People change.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I like to talk about philosophy, science, politics, economics and books just to name a few. My husband gets bored of these topics and gets stimulated by writing music, talking about movies and food. I love him cuz he has a sexy body, is tall and handsome and looks like he can be on the cover of some cologne commercial. I love him more because he treats me like I'm a princess and is kind. Why is your bf with you? Sure u have some differences? What two ppl don't? Wouldn't it be way too boring if two ppl were exactly the same? If u two are for the most part compatible, don't worry bout it. Your bf may like to talk about certain topics more so with others, but just as long as he only wants to bang u... It's all good