+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be concerned that a boy I know might have anger issues?

Should I be concerned that a boy I know might have anger issues?

Hey there, I need someone to give me some feedback so I did a Google search for romance forums and this one came up. I've gone on four dates recently with a guy a few years older than me (he's 26). He is the sweetest, most handsome guy... the other day, though, he lost his temper with me for a moment. >.< We went on this hiking trail, you see, with very high drop offs. I'm a bit of a daredevil, so I decided to play around by jumping back and forth between these two rocks; anyone who falls in between the gap will be in trouble because it's like 500 feet or something above the ground, with nothing to cushion you or break your fall, but the gap between the two rocks is only about three feet so it's no big deal. My date started becoming panicky as I leapt back and forth between the two rocks, and I kept on jumping because I thought it was cute seeing him flustered; but after a few minutes, once I'd jumped back to the other side where he was standing, he screamed "STOP!" and grabbed me by the wrist. He pulled me a few feet away, and said "Are you crazy? You fall down there, you're dead!" Then he sighed and went "Sarah, you about gave me a heart attack. Don't do anything that stupid again, you got it?"

Now, aside from this one incident, he has NEVER been anything except sweet, friendly, and loving. He also apologized a few minutes later after calming down, and apologized maybe 20 times before the day was over. However, the fact that he lost his temper even once makes me wary... and doesn't dragging me away by the wrists sound kind of controlling...? What do you guys think?

You've been out all of 4 times, and he's NEVER done anything like this?? Wow, you probably know him so well.

He overreacted, but it sounds like he was legitimately scared, not angry.

Personally, I wish your dumbass would have fallen and splattered your brains everywhere. We definitely don't need dipshits like you breeding.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 23-10-12 at 05:09 AM.

Why the hostility? You won't get many dates unless you treat girls more nicely, you know. -.-

I have a girlfriend, and it's actually really easy for me to get dates. I do treat most of them nicely, but not because I have to to get laid.

I'm not hostile, I'm matter of fact. I treat stupid bitches(like yourself), like stupid bitches.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 23-10-12 at 05:15 AM.

If he doesnt' contact you again I'd not be surprised. You sound quite immature and you were doing something actually quite dumb

If you step back and think about it you'd understand why he stopped you physically when his verbal requests for you to stop were ignored. Common sense!

Doing something stupid coz it's 'cute' to see someone flustered is stupid alright. This guy obviously cares about you. Appreciate him or leave him so he can be free for a girl that does appreciate him.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!