+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she want me or not?

Does she want me or not?

My ex and I were together over a year. I loved her very much but she claims she never fully fell for me.
    She broke up with me following a family holiday but she said she wanted to remain friends. This didn't really sit right with me straight away but I figured I'd rather have her in my life than not at all.

We're spending a lot of time together now. Going for dinner, drinks, gym and she since took me for a surprise weekend away for my birthday (was planned before we seperated).
    On holiday we were very close. She showered in front of me, got dressed/undressed etc. She was touchy feely and hugged me a lot. We joked that I could easily get her back, or get her to sleep with me- and she didn't seem offended by this at all. (nothing physical in 'that' sense did happen, for the record).
    Last night we cooked a dinner together and she kept pinching my bum, touching my arms and messing around in a flirty way.
    Whilst we were away she told me that she had a dream where I found someone new and abandoned her- she seemed genuinely upset by this and asked if I would ever abandon her. I said no and it set her mind at ease.
    It just feels like she wants me back, but I could be reading into things wrong. We've never really spoken about breaking up, but she knows I've found it hard. She said she has too.

I just don't know what to do. I'd love to have her back, but I just don't know??!!

She needs to make up her bloody mind and stop pissing about. She dumped you yet you still went away for a surprise weekend. What the hell is going on?

The weekend away was for my birthday and was already bkd and paid for before she split with me.. And I was curious to see if we actually could spend time away together as 'friends'.
    "What you feel is what you are and what you are is beautiful."

Quote Originally Posted by ce3oir View Post
    And I was curious to see if we actually could spend time away together as 'friends'.
    Look, she broke up with you and sounds pretty bloody confused. Perhaps she likes ****ing with your mind. Why not stay 'friends' with her and shag her brains out.

As Boisdevie already noted, she needs to make a decision. The way your "relationship" is right now doesn't really seem to make you happy and that's why something has to happen. For her, the current arrangement might be convenient. She can have you around, you probably make yourself available even if times are busy and still there is no need for commitment on her part. In theory, she could date anyone anytime and it'd still be ok, because you are "just" friends.
    The more time you spend with her, the stronger your feelings for her will probably get. Believe me, been there done that. Bottom fact: Not a good deal!

Maybe start off by making yourself less available. If she texts you, wait a couple hours or even a day before replying. If she calls you, don't pick up and wait for her to call back or return her call some time later. I'm sure, you get the idea. It won't take long before she'll start wondering, what is going on. Then it's time for you to have THE TALK. However, i'd recommend to do that in person. Don't do it via texting, emailing or even the phone. Once you start talking to her about your feelings, you need an immediate response (that doesn't mean a yes or no answer - it's more the way she reacts, etc...). Other ways of communication might give her the time to make up some story and tell you all sorts of cr**.
    The way things are for you right now, make you feel uncomfortable and that's the very issue you have to address.

However, don't push or force her to make a decision right away. After all, she might be confused too and need some time to make up her mind. If she needs space, give it to her. Most importantly though, get straight to the point and make sure she understands, that there is a line that needs to be drawn. Being just friends doesn't work for you and if she wants you in her life, it has to be all in. Don't be afraid to talk about your feelings. It will help her to understand the situation better.