+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting back in the dating scene

getting back in the dating scene

Several (many) months ago, I had my heart broken (crushed) for the first time. I've since been out of the dating scene. I've finally come to the realisation that I want to get back into the dating scene. I know my X, did so months ago. And it made me severely jealous.... I now (finally) realise that i don't want her anymore, but I would like some companionship again.

I'm in my early 20's, I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, about getting back into the dating scene. Apparently it should be easy for me, but so far its been tough, and I havnt found anyone that's caught my attention.

Well, I'm basically coming from the same situation and generally would like to do the same thing. Alas I am only 19 and any decent form of meeting people either requires a fake ID or waiting two more years. I think clubs and bars would be a quick way to meet some people to spend some time with. Obviously you may not find the calibur woman you're looking to spend a long term relationship with but it may get you outta the house and spending some time with someone. Just my opinion, I obviously haven't been out there much yet. I'm waiting for school to start and pray something happens there. Luckily I still have that to hopefully meet people through.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Carnival, Fair, Six Flags, work office, restaurants, go to some of these places and see if u can find a person that may interest u
    A little opinion in a big matter.

You get "back into the dating scene" when you are in your 30s not in your 20s. In your 20s, you never *left* the dating scene!

For you, it should be easy, since you probably go to college, so you are hanging out with people your age every day. There really is no more date-plenteous place than school.

ok well, maybe i didnt "leave" the dating scene, I was just "off the market" ....i'm also aware that it should be "easy"...which is kinda frustrating. I'm "meeting" people, but the bars seem pointless for beyond a one nighter, my friends havnt been of any "help".

Few questions though, about just introducing myself to someone, any ideas on the reaction there? (Like if I'm just out...how receptive would a girl be ?)

hey i'm right there with you. and i'm only 22. and the biggest part is i only have limited time to meet people with being in school, working and i have a 2 year old. i hit the bar with my friends on friday nights but i really don't need a 50 year old greaser hitting on me. granted i like 2 people one i know isn't ready for a relationship and i have no clue on the other, if only i can work the nerve to talk to him.
    it is tough, from being off the market (my problem i was always introduced to somone) so i have no clue how to attract a guy. ah delemias of life.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

First of all I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

I'm also in my early 20's and I know we havn't really left the dating scene however I still find it hard to meet people, and I'm always meeeting the wrong people. I guess the usual places such as bars, get togethers, college, and other social gatherings.

Are you in College?

I would just sugest to hang in there because the last thing you want to do is force yourself into a relationship just because your ex was ready to date.