+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he interested or just nice?

Is he interested or just nice?

I met this guy at a local swing dancing club about a month and a half ago, and from the first glance, I found him very attractive. He's a great dancer too. He asked me to dance a few times that night. We talked a bit and he's new to the area, and seems like a gentleman. I thought I'd never see him again, but then I ran into him a few more times. We eventually became facebook friends and now we've been talking most days on chat. I do often start the conversation though, but he seems really receptive to talking. He asks me questions and vice versa. We also ran into each other at local coffee shops twice this week, and we ended up studying together. We have another dance coming up this week, and he asked me, "please save me a dance," and he tells me that he hopes to see me there (followed by a ).

Is this just friendly behavior, or could he be flirting? I'm wondering if it's even worth pursuing.

You should ask him, not us. Start being flirty with him and see how he responds.

at this point, i think it could legitimately be either. hard for us to tell based on what you've given us

It seem to be flirting, but not clearly. I think you should wait for more his expression.
    Now, you still be gentle to him like friend. If you are not going on him, so him will going on you faster.
    Next time, in dance, observe him careful and detail. And you can certain he like you or just friend.

Unless he's gay or you're just not attractive, he's flirting. Guys dont make an effort to talk to good looking girls because we want to be nice....generally that is.

okay, well, the dance was yesterday, and it was fun. I'm still not sure what's going on....like I said, he's a gentleman so he asks all the girls to dance at least once. He asked me to dance three times, but that could just because we're friends and happen to be chatting when the next song comes on, who knows... I sent him a message today thanking him for the fun dances and he responded back, "I had fun dancing with you too"

Ask him out...

He probably would've asked to see you outside of the dance group by now, but he could be afraid of rejection, who knows. Like searock said, ask him out and you'll know for sure.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

i guess u are just getting to know the dude. but u already imagine a lot . be careful cause u can get easily use or hurt by being that desperate naive.

but anyways its still to early to tell. but u can ask him, or show your interests in him, and he will respond to you with a yes or no if he likes you the way you are liking him

Okay, guys, thanks for the tips. I tried to ask him to get coffee...but it seemed like he thought I meant studying like we've done before at Starbucks:

It went like this (this was on fbook chat):

Me: do you want to meet at a coffee shop and get a latte sometime this weekend?
    Him: maybe, I have a lot of model building to do at studio, but I'll let you know if I'm heading to a coffee shop this weekend

This is probably not worth pursuing, but I thought I'd at least give you guys an update.

Just makin friends...if he was interested he would have asked you out be now. How often do guys ask you out on dates? If not that much maybe you are not putting enough effort into your looks to attract men. They are very visual by nature, that's why women spend billions of dollars a year on clothing, accessories and cosmetics every year......it's very competitive out there, maybe something to think about.

Geez. It is competitive. I went to a party with my BF tonight and it was some girl from his high school. Most of the girls there were 25ish. All of them wearing a lot of make up....dressed nice. It's funny to me to see large groups of girls going out and getting all dressed up. Gotta attract those men!

Hey, sorry it's not a love match, OP. At least you gave it a go.

smackie, Maple. Don't play the game, or look too much into it. We notice and can pick out who we want if you just walked out of a coal mine after working all day and all of the other girls are decked out. You/they may think it makes a difference, but it doesn't. At all.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

That's true....it's the nice rack and huge tits is what truly attracts.....seen it happen at work all the time, when we have a new temp or a customer come in.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by starry23 View Post
    I met this guy at a local swing dancing club about a month and a half ago, and from the first glance, I found him very attractive. He's a great dancer too. He asked me to dance a few times that night. We talked a bit and he's new to the area, and seems like a gentleman. I thought I'd never see him again, but then I ran into him a few more times. We eventually became facebook friends and now we've been talking most days on chat. I do often start the conversation though, but he seems really receptive to talking. He asks me questions and vice versa. We also ran into each other at local coffee shops twice this week, and we ended up studying together. We have another dance coming up this week, and he asked me, "please save me a dance," and he tells me that he hopes to see me there (followed by a ).

Is this just friendly behavior, or could he be flirting? I'm wondering if it's even worth pursuing.
    He is flirting but this doesn't tell you whether a guy actually wants to date you, have relationship with you, or anything. Don't get too caught up on it. If he wants more, he will let you know.