+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend wants to smoke pot again

Boyfriend wants to smoke pot again

My boyfriend and i have been dating for about eight months now! He came into our relationship knowing i disapprove of pot and dont date pot smokers. Before he met me he was a big pot smoker. He hasnt smoked since we started dating because he knew i wouldnt approve. I respected him for that very much! But just the other day he told me he misses smoking and nothing would be affected in our relationship if he did it and the only reason he stopped is because of me, and he wants to do it really bad!! But my views arent going to change because he wants to start again. He knows he's going to hurt me by doing it. Its just we have different views on it he thinks its completely fine and i dont think its fine to do drugs. I dont want to threaten him and say im going to leave him if he does it because i love him but im also not going to just put up with it and let him hurt my feelings by doing it! I just dont know what to do! Please help!~~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you're selfish.

Now I don't approve of smoking at all.

But he at least cut down for you, because you don't "approve".

What are you his mother?

Stop tryin' to act the victim, get over yourself cause it's not all about you.

i have been in a similar situation and have a thread somewhere too go find it. neway you can only l;ove someone for who they are and that comes with the bad and the good. the issue was huge between my honey and i and to be honest i felt that he was not there for me when i needed hin the most. he no longer cares to let something like that get inbetween us, and i am figuring i should do the same. there has to be some form of compromising on both parts
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/t3534-little-probelm-in-the-pot.html[/url] here is my thread. if you really love him then this can be worked out
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

"Loves someone for their attributes, but also accept their faults...for this is who they are."

I do not like drugs at all, but if you love him, then at the very least be happy he cut down. As blue said, there has to be a compromising effect here. You knew he did it when you went out with him. You have to take things slowly, if he knows you understand..then eventually maybe he'll quit on his own terms. He already cut back, as said...and this is a start.

Just tell him not to do it in front or around you, and if he does do it..too not do it so much. Makes him understand that you care, but at the same time don't corner him. This will send him a polite message, this way he doesn't get all rebel on you, and get all super smoker on you.
    Last edited by Innova; 03-05-05 at 09:51 AM.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Hey,

I won't go out with drug takers, nor smokers. I think things like that have the ability to take hold of someones life (they get addicted) and ruin their lifestyle.

Maybe sit down and have a sensible discussion about it, see if you can come to some sort of conclusion. I personally would terminate the relationship immediately. I know people here are talking about accepting people for their faults..etc but there are certain things that actually get to us all (can even be little petty things) and we can't just accept it.

so overall, it's up to you really, but do have a talk about it first.

ROFL. Smoking weed is not a fault he has like everyone makes it sound...its just plain simply retarded. If I were you I would make fun of him..."Fawking losers smoke pot you dumb dip shit" ...shit like that and if his brain is not fried to much from it yet then maybe he will realize its stupid and stop....or....call the cops..lol I would do that..it would be funny. Some community service will do him good. Find out were he buys that shit and tip of the cops ( I did that to 2 people I know)..its awesome and hilarious!

I don't know what I would do if someone I loved smoked weed...I guess I would ask them kindly to stop.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Find out were he buys that shit and tip of the cops
    maybe you don't have to go that far but you should realize that if he is addicted to drugs and really can't give it up, you may love him but he's problaby headed down the wrong road... if he starts again and your okay with it what happens if it gets worse or he gets into other drugs? or what happens if he does get busted or does something stupid? will you stll love him after that cause you deserve better... just remember it's not a small problem or something thats just gonna go away

Just to clear something up. I have smoked pot for a while and last fall smoked almost everyday. It was no where near addictive though. There was never an urge to smoke. It was just like "Hey do you guys want to go smoke?". "Smoke" could be replaced by movies or down town. I really doubt that weed is physically habit forming. It may be mental, but you can become addicted to pretty much anything mentally. Maybe you should just sit him down and tell him how much you really dont like it. Or find out why he wants to do it again. As far as Im concerned I havent smoked in a little while (a week maybe haha) and I have no "cravings" to smoke, I never did and I doubt I ever will.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

If I were you, I'd just dump him. If he wants to smoke pot that's fine, but I wouldnt want anything to do with it.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO
    maybe you don't have to go that far but you should realize that if he is addicted to drugs and really can't give it up, you may love him but he's problaby headed down the wrong road... if he starts again and your okay with it what happens if it gets worse or he gets into other drugs? or what happens if he does get busted or does something stupid? will you stll love him after that cause you deserve better... just remember it's not a small problem or something thats just gonna go away
    What the hell are you talking about?

You're acting like this dude is an addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    What the hell are you talking about?

You're acting like this dude is an addict.
    someone is on the defensive <.<
    Boys dont cry...

Where would the fun in love be if the partner didn't do anything you hate?
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    everyone has their vices.. .what's yours??

however if you really think that this is a problem and you can't stand to see him smoke weed, then leave. it's sucks, but you either except a person as they are, or find someone else.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    Where would the fun in love be if the partner didn't do anything you hate?
    uhhh...less suffering?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast