+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I continue to ignore her

Should I continue to ignore her

So there's this girl. Long distance. We never really met, but were best friends, and talked all the time. We got closer, admitted to each other that we liked each other in a greater way. Then admitted we loved each other. She then found a new guy, after I had done nothing wrong, and dated him saying that it was because he was closer. I was upset then. She dumped him, saying because she loved me, and the cycle between us restarted. We got closer this time. She had also planned to visit her ex, (a different one, who she admittedly still loved) who lived across the country. She told me that she did not plan on getting back together with him right away, and that she did see a future with me. She also told me not to text her for the two weeks she was with him, but that she'd try to email me every night. She messaged me twice during those two weeks, the last one telling me she was back with him. Oh, and before she left,we had phone sex (not my idea btw, but I did enjoy it). That was my first intimate experience I've ever had. She said, and I quote, "I love you with all my heart." So now again to two weeks later, she wants to just be friends, so she can be with her ex. I started trying to act like we were just friends, but I still felt something more. I knew the only way to get over her was to reduce contact. I haven't been texting her as much, or being as sweet and loving (even though it kills me to do this, she did hurt me) and she has noticed. I feel awful for not being her best friend like I was. Things just feel different. She is mad at me. Should I continue to ignore her, or suffer through and be her friend like she wants? The way I see it, she chose him over me, she made her choice, so I will just let her know what choice she made.

You've never even met this person - quit being all tore up over her. Go find a girl in your area that you can see in person and have a real, tangible relationship with someone. Of course she's going to choose her old boyfriend over you, she can touch and see and smell him - you're just pixels on a screen and text on her phone.

At least it should be a little easier getting over someone you've never been in the same room with.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylox View Post
    You've never even met this person - quit being all tore up over her. Go find a girl in your area that you can see in person and have a real, tangible relationship with someone. Of course she's going to choose her old boyfriend over you, she can touch and see and smell him - you're just pixels on a screen and text on her phone.

At least it should be a little easier getting over someone you've never been in the same room with.
    Well her ex lives 10 times farther away than I do. I'm getting over her though. The ignoring has helped. I just feel awful about it. I do need to get out there, I'm just not patient enough. It's so much easier online, but I guess I need to learn and put myself out there. I'm also not so smooth in person, and I am on text. Thanks

The only way to get confidence is to have a real life away from that computer screen. Play a sport, join a club, get more social, make friends.

I have to disagree with Smackie on this one. I think the poor dear should stick with his virtual girlfriends. That way there are more lovely ladies available to the rest of us, the grown ups who prefer the real world where we can (gasp) actually get to spend time with people actually right there next to us in person in the real world, really.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The only way to get confidence is to have a real life away from that computer screen. Play a sport, join a club, get more social, make friends.
    Yeah, I got a job, am starting wrestling for my school in a week, and have been working on being social. My confidence fluctuates. I can be pretty (maybe overly) confident at times.

The more people your interact with, and the more you are productive with your life, the better your social skills will be.....you must refrain from internet relationships or they will hold you back.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    The more people your interact with, and the more you are productive with your life, the better your social skills will be.....you must refrain from internet relationships or they will hold you back.
    I'll try. Used to be online only, but I'll flip it around. I just got in a fight with her, and I don't think we'll be talking anymore at all. I'll try to keep my head up.