+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: facebook

It's a little different when you'be been with someone for a long time. You really know each. When you 've had bad past experiences on trust, when you've been cheated on then you just want to make sure you can trust each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    For him it's normal, for you it's not. Why are you even looking at his Facebook page? Is he showing it to you, along with the pics? Or just another he left it on the screen and I happened to wander by moments?

My wife has been on Facebook for a couple of years, I've never read anything she's ever posted or that was posted on her page. I don't know anything about it, and don't have a Facebook page. Like you said, you don't care, he's with you, not them. It's normal for some people, your boyfriend for example. Just let it be. If he wanted to leave you and be with someone else, he can. He wasn't sentenced to be with you.

Be yourself, let him be himself and enjoy life.

My GF has a FB page. I'm not even on there as a friend let alone BF. I could not care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    My GF has a FB page. I'm not even on there as a friend let alone BF. I could not care less.
    Strange that you arnt on it when everyone else on the forum is. You should "friend" her, she has some great pics. You should tell her to shave her pits though, its not attractive.

I'm sorry Lynda, but reading the myriad of links to posts about your situation, it's kind of unsettling. Though you say you aren't, I have a feeling you are very insecure in yourself and your relationship. It doesn't seem like a healthy one.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Yep, serious therapy advised.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Yep, serious therapy advised.
    Yeah; for YOU.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda View Post
    hello,

let me put you in context. I'm a 43 year old woman dating a 34 year old guy.
    The first thing you post^ is generally your problem. He's too young for you, it won't last. Enjoy your boy toy and keep your expectations low.

As for the rest of what you posted re: Facebook: he's still too young for you. Oh, and there is always someone prettier, smarter, wealthier, etc. That's not what keeps people together.

LOL, on your 'only' 39 friends. I'm your age and I have even fewer people I've accepted as friends. I have family photos on there, so no way I'd whore them out to over 200 people. Here is the insecurity rearing its head. What you call 'only' a handful of friends (even less for me), I call 'being selective'.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

pooooooooooooooooooooor

First off, I can write what I want first. most people ask about the age, so wheather I put it first or second doesn't make a difference. I find it offensive that you call him my man toy cause he is not. We are equals, we are in a serious relationship. But for that I didn,t ask for anyones opinion. I would like to say that tuesday I was with my bf and out of the blue, he told me that he cleaned his fb friends and deleted people he didn't know and the girls that were innaproprietly dress. In my book, that's a sign of respect and love. He understood that it made me uncomfortable. I respect him even more for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The first thing you post^ is generally your problem. He's too young for you, it won't last. Enjoy your boy toy and keep your expectations low.

As for the rest of what you posted re: Facebook: he's still too young for you. Oh, and there is always someone prettier, smarter, wealthier, etc. That's not what keeps people together.

LOL, on your 'only' 39 friends. I'm your age and I have even fewer people I've accepted as friends. I have family photos on there, so no way I'd whore them out to over 200 people. Here is the insecurity rearing its head. What you call 'only' a handful of friends (even less for me), I call 'being selective'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait. I think I missed your criteria sheet for how I was supposed to answer your question:

Name:  1341502017158_5104234.png
Views: 16
Size:  36.5 KB
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You have to admit, that was a pretty nice way of telling you off
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Seriously? Google "Divorce due to facebook" and take a gander at the number of people that take it so seriously that they hook up with highschool sweethearts, site facebook as the reason for their divorce etc.

Its a problem for her. It's not one for you. She thinks its a problem for her, what we think doesn't really matter if after leaving the thread it still bothers her so: This is about her and how she is feeling about facebook and how her husband uses it, not about you or how you use it. I've given her a solution to her angst. Whether she uses it or not is up to her.

Then perhaps her husband should stop acting like a "tween" and help her to be less insecure through his actions instead of telling her with unsubstatiated words without action that do sweet bugger all to aleviate her angst????
    OP: First off, from what I've witnessed, some of these men just come here to bash women so take that with a grain of salt.

Secondly, you want to know how irrelevant facebook is? One of my best friends, a solid and great girl, is now facing a divorce thanks to catching her husband adding a girl and liking comments. When it all came out, he's been "seeing" this girl while he is on trips away from home and without facebook, she would have been clueless till he walked out the door, that anything was really going on. A man liking facebook pictures, is cause for concern if it seems he is following someone's page/making comments/ liking everything they post. It CAN clue you into behavior.

I too had an issue with this in my own life, a girl being added to my husband's facebook. She certainly had a like under her picture and I told him that if he liked anymore pictures, he could just cancel the whole damn thing because I wasn't having it. The girl was a girl I knew from other group meetings when visiting friends and she is a walking advertisement... can't stand her. If I was going to allow my husband to fawn over pictures of her, think again! He has plenty of friends on there that are girls but that is one friend I WATCH. So moral of the story, do pay attention and if it makes you uncomfortable, say so. Don't sit in silence and don't take crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynda View Post
    First off, I can write what I want first. most people ask about the age, so wheather I put it first or second doesn't make a difference. I find it offensive that you call him my man toy cause he is not. We are equals, we are in a serious relationship. But for that I didn,t ask for anyones opinion. I would like to say that tuesday I was with my bf and out of the blue, he told me that he cleaned his fb friends and deleted people he didn't know and the girls that were innaproprietly dress. In my book, that's a sign of respect and love. He understood that it made me uncomfortable. I respect him even more for that.
    Don't you know, if a man scores a young woman, he is a conquistador. If a woman scores a young man, it's a boy toy. I love the underlying, undermining and demeaning attitudes afforded to women when men do a whole hell of a lot more in the way of going with younger women. Sounds like that is some insecurity to me!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    You have to admit, that was a pretty nice way of telling you off
    Hers or mine? She's a gormless twit looking for validation, not advice

Try this site instead, OP, you won't get much more help here I'm afraid:

www.onlywhatiwanttohear.com
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Haxan slurps on Indi whenever he can. It's fu​cking pathetic.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast