+ Follow This Topic

Article: BBC News : David Cameron arrives in the Gulf

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003

Jump to Comments

BBC News : David Cameron arrives in the Gulf

1 Comments by loveforum Published on 05-11-12 12:20 PM
    David Cameron has arrived in the Gulf to strengthen Britain's defence, security and commercial ties in the wake of the Arab spring revolutions.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20202058]More...[/url]

2. Total Comments 1

Comments

Wink

Yeah, just noticed that myself, I see he's over there selling typhoon jets to the Saudi's that must be because every peace loving nation needs more multimillion dollar war planes!

I totally agree with the statement "Our correspondent says his Arab hosts, while publicly welcoming the prime minister, have their own issues they want to address with him."

"They have told the BBC that in the wake of the Arab Spring they worry Britain risks confusing democracy and human rights movements with revolutionaries who, they say, want to replace the current monarchies with Islamic republics."

This nation is going to the dogs... Seriously.. I think it was only about four days ago I was walking home from work when I was suddenly accosted by an over zealous police officer who stopped me in the street.

There I was minding my own business, having just finished working all day so as a treat to myself I nipped into the local 7/11 to buy a can of beer as I walked out and crossed the road opening the tin to take a sip I was suddenly surrounded by 8 Police officers of which two remained whilst the others walked off going "see you back at the station, we'll go and put the kettle on" I had this guy up in my face going, "where's your identification please?" to which I replied "excuse me officer but my understanding of the letter of the law is that I do not have to show you my identification" to which he retorted "ok, fine, we'll do it your way and I'll take you down the station!" to which I replied "that's fine with me but if you intend to arrest and take me to the station I would like you to inform me under what charge and what offense I have committed" to which he replied "carrying an open beverage in a CDZ!" I just looked at him puzzled "an what exactly is a CDZ?" "Controlled Drinking Zone" he replied. So I hooked my ID, my out of date and expired passport out of my pocket and gave it to him saying "well here you go, hopefully this will help you process your inquiry that much quicker" so he then radioed it in and received back "not known and not wanted over!"

So then I poured out my beer into the bushes next to where we where standing going "there you are officer, look its gone!"

His colleague whom he was clearly showing the ropes went "oh, no he's pouring it away!"

I guess they don't like it if they cant assess how much you've had in your first sip of a cold beer! So then as he gave me back my passport then I was treated to a full verbal torrent of "Well I dont appreciate your attitude, we're not out here trying to ruin peoples night, we're just out here doing our Job" clearly in an effort to provoke me with a rude retort like "why don't you just F-OFF!" but instead all he got was a smile and the words, "yes, of course I appreciate that, thank you officer have a nice night and thank you!" as I stormed off.

To my mind its funny that the people imposing these new draconian anti-drinking laws for and on behalf of the local authority are from an Islamic background, you only have to review information posted by your local authority news on the local government website to see they have names like Ali, Fahdin and Mustafa!

Now dont get me wrong I think if people are lining up all over the road being drunk and disorderly hurling abuse at passers by then yes, the police should do something, but I object when they feel compelled to abuse there position of authority by harassing your average joe blogs minding his own business walking home enjoying a quiet sip of beer.

As I poured the beer that cost me £1.20 into the gutter I crushed the can underfoot and the officer retrieved it going "I'll put that in the bin for you shall I?" to which I retorted "no thank you, I am perfectly capable of disposing of my own rubbish and that was my intent!" whilst I retrieved the empty can from his out stretched fingers.

They clearly look for any excuse to issue a citation, anything to make the local authority money, had I left the empty can I would have been charged for littering and had I stomped out my finished cigarette underfoot I would have then been issued with an additional £80.00 fine... This government makes me laugh!
    Last edited by Xircom; 05-11-12 at 02:44 PM.

Similar Articles

1. BBC News : 'UK being tested', says Cameron
    By loveforum in forum Relationship News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-12, 11:20 AM
  2. BBC News : Mexico Gulf cartel 'leader' held
    Last Post: 13-09-12, 06:30 PM
  3. BBC News : Cabinet reshuffle: David Cameron's new line-up