+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i didn't get the job

i didn't get the job

cecil said that my application didn't even make it past human resources because i don't have supervisory experience. can you ****ing believe that? i've been with this company for 7 years and i can't even move up.

that is what i call a DEAD END JOB. i'm 27 years old and i work at a dead end job.

but do you guys think i'm giving up so easy. hell no! i'm going in to yell at human resources and once i'm done with them i'm going straight to our executive director to talk to her directly. i'll tell her that i'm going to tell everybody that they'll probably never get the chance to move up and that arca is an employer with little or no opportunity for advancement and that i'm going to quit because of it.

that rule is seriously fukt.

that super sucks!!!!!!

How can they not know that you rule??? Damn those stupid HR people!!!
    "Ogres are like onions."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oi! Oi! Power to 'Sombra!

Sorry to hear it, Sombra.

But on to happy news...

Arty is scheduled to visit southern New Mexico next weekend..you should come down..HEY!, you can quit your job and then come down..since you'll probably have some free time!

But seriously, consider it..you're just right there.

Hmmm, sunny, sunny New Mexico...

Yes Sombra!!! You have to come down and have a fun time. Nothing beats it like having fun.

I am getting really nervous about this trip. How do you deal with this anxiety?
    "Ogres are like onions."

next weekend huh?

you guys should come up here!!!

i mean, i'm just right here.

i'm not sure i'll be able to go down there. my little troca isn't very reliable.

tough, tough.. is it possible to held to burque on my own, nomas? guess I'm only limited by my imagination..

aren't you excited you're going to be seeing Oig?

what kind of "fun" things can one choose to do alone in mesquite?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Arty.

Mesquite - nothing. It's kind of like a community of farmers, almost. There's nothing but farmland and a few houses lining certain streets. There's dairies nearby too. The best you can do in Mesquite is probably go walking along the farmland and breathe in the fresh air..unless the smell of cow manure is too strong that day. The fun will come when you hop on a car and either go to El Paso or Juarez for the nightlife. Day activities, and I think Oig will probably do this, is to go to White Sands National Monument. You can also go to Historic Old Mesilla in Cruces. Then there are all the normal city things, movies, bowling, skate parks, restaurants/bars, etc.

But you will need to be out of Mesquite, pretty much.

You'll see when you get here.

Yeah, you can get to Burque..you can hop on a bus, I guess..but I think it's better if sombra comes down here. You're already away from home, and this is like home to her anyway. Sombra, come on..you're 3 freaking hours away. You and your boyfriend can make the trip. It's only a short drive, 3 hours if you're obeying the speed limit. You wouldn't need to pay for lodging, cuz you can stay at my place, no problem. It'll be a distraction...break the routine.

Come on, convince Mike and get down here. Don't be stationary like that..like EVERYONE else. Get off your ass! MOVE, damnit!

Okay, let's see how she responds to that.

Freddie

indigosoul Guest
    Sorry to hear this Miso. Before you burn any bridges, consider that the job sounded fairly challenging. Sooo, there is a chance, perhaps, that whoever takes the job won't hang around very long. And they might then give you a chance if you don't blow it now. Meantime, suggest you tell the 'mins that you are disappointed, b/c you were VERY interested in this position & feel you'd do a good job of it. Then ask the 'mins to suggest how you can get the supervisory experience they seek while in your current position. Ask them for a SPECIFIC solution. If they can't give it to you, then, yup you're in a dead-end. Start looking elsewhere....

Good luck!

Wow..good advice, indigo..I hadn't even thought to consider giving advice anymore.. Lost track of my priorities...

I endorse indigo's suggestions...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sorry to hear that, but atleast you still got your job... even though you hate it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

well the cool thing is i don't necessarily hate my job, i just need to move up and move on you know?

ugh, i swear life has so many disappointments, how does one keep themself together? we couldn't get a house, i didn't get this job, blah blah blah. oh well, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    don't worry, things will always get better in the future because usually it can't get any worse.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

hey
    sorry to hear that.. well dont worry everything will turn out well in the end.. maybe ur boss would get the boot and u will be brought in his place. Who knows

Yeah, don't get down..you just need a small vacation..*elbow*elbow*, hint, hint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast