+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Hello! For a long time I was dating the same guy.. we dated about 3 years and I definitely thought that he was the one. Then at the beginning of june (about 5 months ago), he broke up with me out of no where. I was absolutely heartbroken for a while... he started a new relationship right away. Since we broke up, he has dropped out of school (university), started smoking!!! and drinking much more also. I have also heard that his new gf and him fight often. My ex and I don't talk at all and I never really got closure. He messaged me on what would have been our anniversary a few weeks ago just to catch up. The following week, he asked me to go for drinks with him and a mutual friend of ours. Last week he texted me "hey" and when I responded with "hello", he never answered :s. I was wondering if anyone knew why he'd be reaching out to me like this especially since we NEVER talk otherwise???

Sounds like his life is a little out of control and he might be trying to reach out to the last place he remembers being before it all started going south. What I mean is that, a lot of times when people get themselves into a situation where they feel chaotic, they will often try and connect back with some even, solid ground in order to start turning things around for themselves and get back on track. You probably represent that solid, even ground to him.

If you feel like you can be a friend to him without trying to get romantic again, then you might let him in and help to guide him back to sanity (if that's where he wants to go) but don't expect this guy to be able to offer you anything meaningful or healthy right now as far as romance goes... especially because he's in another relationship (whether it's good or not).

Why should you care why he got in touch. He dumped you or have you forgotten that. It doesn't matter what he's doing now because he's your EX. Now me I'd have more respect for myself than even reply to such a waste of space if I had been DUMPED by them. Try to get out there yourself and shag lots of new people. It'll help you forget about him.

Oh, and people don't break up with other people 'out of nowhere'.

When somebody dumps you and starts a new relationship right away, it often means that there was some cheating going on before the dumping.

Sounds like this guy got himself into a very dysfunctional relationship, judging by the change in his behavior. If you got back together with him, you would probably be disappointed with him. And going by his recent behavior, it sounds like he is still on-again/off-again with the other woman. Do yourself a big favor and ignore him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

well maybe it wasn't out of no where for him but it definitely was for me.