+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Starting a new relationship- is it normal to feel this way?

Starting a new relationship- is it normal to feel this way?

Hello! I dated the same guy for about three years when he broke up with me out of nowhere in june (about 5 months ago). Needless to say I was absolutely heartbroken, especially since he started dating someone new immediately. But since we broke up, I met this amazing guy, I mean literally perfect... passed all my tests! Our first date was in july, and we went on a few dates since then, but we always knew that we weren't going to date right away because I wasn't ready. It's been about 4 months since our first date, and I went on a few dates with some other guys too, but no one could beat this guy. I told him last week I was ready to date and we decided to make it official. To my surprise, I'm not feeling excited about it at all. In fact, i'm actually feeling quite worried and unhappy. I don't miss my ex at all.... and I wouldn't EVER get back with him, but I find myself thinking (and dreaming) about him quite a bit since I started this new relationship. I'm wondering if I actually am ready to date again?? Or am i just looking too far into it??

Thinking and dreaming about your ex is not not missing your ex! I'm guessing there were a lot of good times there and we all reflect on it with rose tinted glasses BUT if this all started when you started dating this new guy then it would suggest that this new guy is not filling the void....that in reality you do miss your ex. Maybe asses your true feeling for your ex and act either way.

How old are you?

It astounds me that people as old as their late 20's are still surprised when the first 2 or 4 month honeymoon butterfly period ends, they freak out about it. Haven't you gone through this before? with your ex? All excited, new relationship ... then before you know it he's farting on your leg and you seemed to have lost your mascara forever.

It happens, muscle through it and see if there's something you can build a real relationship on. Or you can just sport **** and get it out of your system if you're just chasing the 2 month highs.

^ farting on the leg? No wonder your wife seems to have lost her mojo with you

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    That's a bit of a shitty remark given what the poster is going through at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    ****ing canucks.

^ I think we have figured out why your wife doesn't want you anywhere near her twat. You literally repulse her. How bout she lets out a big juicy smelly fart in your face and you see if that gives you a chubby

I love the smell of her farts. They smell like hummus ... and my semen.

Now that's taking narcissistic to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Davies View Post
    I love the smell of her farts. They smell like hummus ... and my semen.
    Gross.

OP - Why did you think you were ready to make your relationship with this new guy official? Just b/c all the other guys you wen ton dates with were lame and you were lonely? Maybe you are not ready and maybe you are not really over the break-up with your ex yet. It can take a while. Don't put too much pressure on yourself...just have fun and see what happened with this new guy. Just b/c its official doesn't mean you have to marry him or anything....

I find it amazing that I'M the one here dubbed as the asshole with no sense of humor.