+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she feigning disinterest or did I lose my shot?

JS1 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is she feigning disinterest or did I lose my shot?

So here's the thing.. I started at a new college a couple months ago and from day one there, this girl in my class couldn't keep her eyes off me for well over a month.. I'm talking catching each others eyes pretty much most of the time I looked up in class. She also used to stare alot when she walked by as if she were trying to catch my attention all the time, and the brief few times we have spoken she usually starts talking really fast (unusually fast compared to how she talks to others) and we keep alot of eye contact (her eyes seemed to widen and turn into Bambi eyes lmao) - but our conversations have been very brief and far and few between. The other thing is if I'm sitting anywhere near her in class, she plays with and twiddles her hair constantly - she never ever does this otherwise.

I do dig this girl quite alot, shes real pretty and pretty much my type. I heard from a mutual friend she has a huge 'thing' for guys of my ethnicity too.

BUT I never attempted to take things any further as she has a boyfriend (this guy looks almost exactly like me too, facially), why would I want to take on a girl that checks out other guys whilst in a relationship right? Well that's what went through my mind anyway and I wouldn't want another guy stepping on my toes and trying to get with my girl (been there, done that - not a nice feeling). She also never gives anyone a second look, including me when she is in the presence of her boyfriend. So I basically never showed much interest in her other than when we caught each others gaze in class and around the college, so now she doesn't really stare at me much anymore.. Although I do catch the odd time she holds her gaze at me all wide eyed, just not very often and she looks away quickly now (maybe once a day, tops twice).

I have no idea if she's trying to fake a disinterest in me now because I barely showed interest towards her in the first place, or if she genuinely has moved on. Sometimes it seems as though shes a little nervous to walk by me when shes on her own, but other times it seems she could care less. Girls are confusing as hell.

So it kinda sucks and I have no idea what to do - especially now shes on my mind alot and I get kinda nervous around her (the only time I ever get nervous around girls is when I'm feeling them alot), do I respect her relationship and let it go or look after my own interests and move in? Or should I just wait for her to finish with her boyfriend, however long it may take (only problem with that is I think she may get over me maybe and I definitely will lose my shot)? I KNOW we are or atleast were feeling each other big time, just neither of us made any real moves.

So yeah.. what now and do you guys think shes just faking it?

I think you missed the part where she has a boyfriend. While she still has that boyfriend, you can assume her disinterest in genuine.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Users Country Flag
    I could assume it, but it wouldn't make it true at all.

Ok, then look at the facts. She has a boyfriend so she isn't interested. She isn't married, she isn't forced to stay with him, so she stays by choice. This means she would rather be with him than you. You're just looking for someone to tell you otherwise, but you probably won't find it.

If you want to take a shot, then go for it, don't half-ass it, make a serious move, force her to tell you she isn't interested. At least you'll know for sure.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

She doesn't need you, she already has a boyfriend that looks like you. She probably just stares sometimes because the resemblance is strong and she is missing him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Users Country Flag
    Valid points Cerby & Vincenzo, thanks.

I still firmly believe she had (possibly still has) a BIG crush on me, I'm not an idiot - theres glancing at someone you find attractive and then theres looking at someone all wide eyed every chance you get for weeks on end, playing with hair and acting all nervous etc.

But I'm gonna try letting it go I think.

If she finishes with her boyfriend, then I'll move in. I'll keep you all updated.

If anyone else has any advice, feel free to still comment because I wanna hear it.