+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it time to break up?

Is it time to break up?

Hi There,

I posted awhile back about having a boyfriend who seems to have his eyes and mind somewhere else. Long story short, he's been talking to an old female friend of his explicitly over Facebook. [and at one point, was actually having one of these conversations with her when he was video chatting with me at the same time.] She doesn't seem receptive to him, but he continues to speak to her this way anyhow.

I thought he had stopped for awhile...until the other day when I tagged a photo off him, and he asked me to show him from my phone who "liked" it, because he couldn't see it from his. The "like" came from the girl who he'd been talking to. When I showed him, he noticeably got uneasy, and I became suspicious. When he was out of the room for awhile, I took a quick peak at his open Facebook, and sure enough--the last conversation was:

Her: "you have a gf?!"
    Him: "Yep. Haha. Why do you sound so surprised? Did you want the position?"

I guess the only thing that has kept my heart from being completely ripped out of my chest is the fact that she doesn't seem responsive to him. [This convo took place last week, and she still hasn't responded]

Anyways. I packed my stuff and left after telling him I wasn't feeling well, and have hardly responded to his texts. I feel like I need to break up with him, but I can't tell if he'd really cheat on me if he had the chance, or if he just gets a rise out of flirting. Also, this would be only the second time I've ever broken up with someone...the first time being my HS sweetheart--and I've regretted it every day since. So I'm a little out of practice on the whole...breaking up thing. I don't want to cause a lot of drama, nor hurt him because he hurt me. I care a lot about him--but I can't stand being in a relationship where I feel inadequate. What is your advice there?

Thank you

Its not time to make a change, just relax, take it easy. Youre still young and thats your fault, theres so much you have to know.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
    To be calm when you've found something going on.
    But take your time, think a lot,
    Why, think of everything you've got.
    For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.