+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I didn't know life could suck this much.

I didn't know life could suck this much.

I never chase girls. Never have. Maybe I should. I was never into ONS and it just seemed to me that all that game playing just confuses things. If I like someone I just let nature take it's course at face value.

I met a girl at work who took an interest in me first. After a while, a saw what I believed was a girl with a beautiful personality and great heart and mind. We laughed and talked everyday and then one day she asked me how tall I was, right out of the blue (5'9" she is 5'7") . After that she avoided me like the plague and made jokes about my height and the fact that I liked her to other co-workers. This came as quite a surprise and hurt a lot - both because I liked her and from a blow to me ego. However, I respected her decision, remained corgial and friendly, but gave her space.

Shortly after that she hooked up with a player (also at work). The, he came to me, knowing I liked her and said, "I screwed her and there is nothing you can do about it." This guy lives to screw girls to stroke his ego. He lives with the mother of his two children, but refuses to marry her. He stays out all night gambling with her money and then lies to her saying he had to work a long shift. He has no education or bankable skills.

Well, months later she comes to me complaining this guy is a zero and wanted to know if I still care? I did, but was hurt so I said no. She seemed greatly upset by this. She is a single mother of 38 who does not have cusotody of her child. She smokes parties and drinks a lot and has a DWI. I struggled for weeks wondering if I should tell her my true feelings, but concluded it couldn't possibly really matter to her, so I said nothing more.

Now, six months later she is married to someone outside the company. She has given up all her bad habits for her new husband. She used to make fun of the fact that I didn't smoke and watched my diet. (Although not my trade, I am also a certified personal fitness instructor.) Now, I watch her adopt the very lifestyle she made fun of me for living my entire life for the benefit of another man. I have to listen to her loving conversation with her husband on the phone.

I still like this girl. But what she has done to my heart and my ego are undescribable. I have been told by others, I have a big heart and I do truly respect and care for others, no matter their status in life. Being treated like this has hurt me so much, I refuse to speak to her. I walk by her cubicle every day in silence and pain.

How can someone not have custody of their 3 year old son, shack up with a practically married player who respects no one, then turn around and give their undieing love to another all the while hating a basically good guy who she feined interest in twice and who only had her best interest at heart? It makes me believe, I must actually be a pretty awful person. It also has greatly shaken my faith in mankind as a whole.
    Last edited by bob the brave; 08-11-12 at 06:36 AM.

This woman sounds like a total sack of sh!t and isn't worth your heartache!

Every second you spend moping over her is another second you could spend being happy instead. Work on your self confidence - if you're letting a woman like that get to you like this - you probably need it. Focus on you, your life - and recognize that you have control over your emotions... don't give that control over to someone who treated you like a joke.
    Last edited by iamaninnocentma; 08-11-12 at 07:08 AM.

This woman sounds like a total sack of sh!t and isn't worth your heartache!

Every second you spend moping over her is another second you could spend being happy instead. Work on your self confidence - if you're letting a woman like that get to you like this - you probably need it. Focus on you, your life - and recognize that you have control over your emotions... don't give that control over to someone who treated you like a joke.