+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The new girl has a situation hehe

The new girl has a situation hehe

Yes..I would be the new girl

Anyhoo, about a week or so ago I went into a chat room. I know... had to have been really bored for that right? I was lol. Naturally (like the other few times in my entire life) tons of men start to IM me asking my ASL etc. One man stood out (I say man but hes 23). He was respectful, kind, and just really genuine. He wasnt like all the others, asking for cyber sex or wondering my breast size.
    I have these rules for chat rooms..
    1. I will not answer to "ASL?" I am a person not a computer. Would you walk up to someone in real life and say "hey baby ASL?"
    2. If there is any talk of him wanting sex, or I feel uncomfortable..I block him
    3. If I feel at any time he is being dishonest... I stop talking to him.
    (Those are just a few of my picky rules)

We talked for a while. I got to know him quite a bit. He's a GA Tech grad, is an engineer now and lives in a brand new 4 bedroom house. Sounds like hes a responsible guy and pretty smart too.

This past weekend I was at my sisters house, which just so happens to be 30 minutes from where he lives. I told him I would love to meet up with him at the mall (always meet in a public place) and maybe go out for dinner.

We met... we hit it off. I dont believe in love at first sight. I think thats the silliest thing I've ever heard, but the first time I saw him there was this attraction and comfort I've never felt with someone before.
    We walked around for a while...had some coffee (I had tea) and walked back outside. All the while he was a complete gentlemen...totally genuine. Opened doors for me, asked if I was having a good time, just made sure I was comfortable. And I was.

Anyhoo, he and I had discussed me going to his house to check out his floor plan because he wanted to hire a designer. I had told him that even though I wasnt certified, I had grown up in a family full of them and had an eye for it and could probably help him out with the design for his great room.

So we go to his house (very nice house in a very nice area of North Atlanta) and we talked for a while about design. We went to a few furniture stores and then went out to eat at a nice restaraunt. Never stopped talking the whole time. I felt like he really was interested in getting to know me... my style... my taste.
    Anyway, night is approaching and all we could do was cuddle. He was so sweet and so kind and so loving. I've always been the type of girl who loves romance and passion and he and I had a ton! For the first time, I ended up spending the night at his place. (I have never done that with a guy might I add). We didnt have sex either..just cuddled

Well to make it short we spent the entire weekend together...had tons of fun!

Here is the problem... he lives about an hour away. Maybe a little more with traffic. I am so crazy about this guy and I'm the type of girl who likes to see my man once every few days. Its about to drive me insane you guys its like I'm about to explode from missing him so much, as he is with me.
    I cant believe I am about to say this but... I would move in with this man in a second. I felt immediately at home not only with him, but in that city. I, for the past few years, have been looking for a place that I feel at home. With a hard childhood and moving 11 times as a young girl...its hard for me. There was just something about this man, and this city, that made me feel like hey...this is it.
    One problem... hes Jewish and since he wants to stick with the rules he wont live with anyone until marriage... grrrrr!
    I know I need to settle down. But I cant.. help.

I've met a few really great guys on the internet. They are hard to find sometimes. Good rules you have. I used the same things when I was chatting online.

It all depends on you. I would suggest taking some time to really think it all over. How long have you been dating? Do you like the city you live in? You could always move closer to him, not necessarily having to live with him. Do you have a job? Will you be able to find a job in that city?

Theres alot of questions you have to ask yourself before you make any decisions. Plus, include him in making decisions as well. Don't take it all so fast, thats how you mess things up. Just be careful and take one thing at a time.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

i agree. slow down a little. you just met him. moving in with him right away you miss out on the "dating" part of the relationship where he picks you up, you go out, he takes you home, etc. etc. and then after you've gotten to know him more then think about moving in.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    1. I will not answer to "ASL?" I am a person not a computer. Would you walk up to someone in real life and say "hey baby ASL?"
    Um, besides the "A" which can be questionable at times, people most likely already know your "S" and your "L".

BAM!

Well...I dont know if I clarified earlier but I do live very far from him(hour and a half). So, him picking me up for dates isnt really possible. He works til late in the evening and wouldnt even get over here for much later. It just wouldnt work.
    I was a 2004 High school grad so I dont have a career yet, but did have a job until 2 weeks ago when I found out my mother is dying of cancer. My boss wouldnt give me any days off to be with her...so I ended my job there. Hey I can find another $5.50 an hour job right? lol
    Living out in the sticks where I do, you cant really find a job over $5.50 an hour. I would know... I've been to 28 different places in the past year, within 30 minutes of my house looking...
    When it comes to moving... I guess that answers that. I dont have the income.
    Colleges... there are 2. UGA is 18 miles from here, but I cant afford to go there at all. I could look into financial aid but I'm sure it would only go so far. There is one other small community college, but it doesnt offer what I want to do.
    When I went to Kennesaw where he lives that day he and I drove around a little and I really felt... right. I went to my mothers house night before last which is about 25 minutes from his place, so naturally I went over there. Everything about the interstate 575 area felt right. Even the interstate was nice! The area is just a well kept area but not only that... lots of colleges!
    On my way home I regreted every mile. I felt like I should be staying over there... going to school, getting an education, starting a life.
    Over here, there is only so much a person can do for a life... and its not much. There isnt anywhere to meet people, isnt anything to do... no wonder so many kids these days resort to drugs. I myself am too stubborn. I want to be where I want to be. And I want to be away from this little dinky town lol