+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Husband won't come near me

quertz, why don't you turn the tables around. If you don't make sexual advances for a while he should feel what you are feeling in no time.

Are there signs that he is having an affair? My boyfriend became sexually distant near the end of our relationship and I found out he had been cheating.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    I'm as certain as I can be that there isn't.

Hmm, well things improved for about a week and then went back to being non existent. Talking to him doesn't seem to help. There's only a certain amount of times a woman can be rejected and not take it to heart!

We are going out tonight for a meal and a few drinks. Maybe this will help, though I won't be instigating as I'm fed up of being rejected.
    Try trading massages, maybe?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Sorry to say, it isn't uncommon for men to have this problem after seeing a baby born. To be honest, after seeing myself, I almost don't blame them, and I know how dumb it is. It's going to take a while for them to forget what they've seen (assuming a vaginal birth).

Another possibility is that he sees you now as a mother (rather than a woman)... the Madonna/whore complex.

It's probably just a matter of time, but if this is going on in a few months, I'd probably seek professional help.
    Wow really? I saw my ex give birth and even filmed it. Sorry, it's the first time I heard of men not wanting to touch their loved one after they give birth .

Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    Wow really? I saw my ex give birth and even filmed it. Sorry, it's the first time I heard of men not wanting to touch their loved one after they give birth .
    It's more common than you think.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Heart View Post
    quertz, why don't you turn the tables around. If you don't make sexual advances for a while he should feel what you are feeling in no time.

Are there signs that he is having an affair? My boyfriend became sexually distant near the end of our relationship and I found out he had been cheating.
    I'm not into playing games. Also, as I have said before he is not cheating. Why is it that a man goes off sex must be cheating?!

I'm pretty sure some of the older members hit the nail on the head earlier in this post with it being related to having a baby. Anyway, I think things are improving, having time to ourselves at the weekend really helped, it seems to have reignited things in all aspects of our relationship.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

You just had a baby. He might want to give you more rest.

Sometimes a man can experience such guilt from watching his woman give birth and seeing her pain-the thought of sex upsets him and scares him. This is very rare but if it happens, he needs counselling.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that he thinks you are not ready yet or he doesn't want to hurt you..

Sometimes, the change of being a new parent can make him more focused on the baby than sex for awhile and he may actually be just very tired from the stress etc..

Just give it some time and make sure you are both communicating openly. Make sure you still have some "us" time without the baby. Cuddles etc and alone time. It doesn't necessarily have to be sex. Make sure he knows that you love him, need him etc. Sometimes the baby may feel like competition and even cause a little jealousy. Its only because hes used to being your everything and now your obsessed with the baby.

Im not sure if Im explaining it right but just make sure he gets lots of attention. Men need it more than we do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123