+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A bit of a head scratcher

A bit of a head scratcher

About a month ago I went on a coffee date with a girl, it was our first date. She initiated contact with me on an online dating site called Plenty of Fish, I am sure most of you have heard of it. Her first message was: "Hey, do you wanna go for coffee sometime?". We chatted for about a week or so through email before actually meeting. The date itself I thought went really well. I thought there was a connection for sure. Before we parted ways for the night she said that she hopes we do something again soon. She said, "well, you have my phone number and email". Then she initiated a hug with me, keep in mind that when we first met that night she just shook me hand, so there was no hug at the beginning. So right away after the hug she gave me, I thought that I will have another date with her for sure.

I email her the next morning telling her that I really enjoyed meeting her, complimented her intelligence and her looks, said that I hope to see her again soon, and that I was glad that we found each other. A few days pass after that, and nothing from her. I text her, still nothing, then a week after the text I send her another final email just reiterating what I said in the first email, and still nothing. I just don't understand what happened. It has never happened to me before where I get ignored like that after a first date. I thought for sure she will email me as I thought that the date went really well, and the way it ended gave me an impression that I will see her again but nope. This left me a bit frustrated and confused. Why would she say "you have my email, and now my phone number" if she does not want me to use either of them? Why initiate a hug if she was not interested in seeing me again?

Dude, the birds on that site have seen more cock-ends than weekends. Just be grateful you escaped before you before you got a nasty disease. I know this from experience. I pumped a bird from there once, and ended up getting one of those little metal umbrellas shafted down my japs eye. Not pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by jeejee View Post
    Dude, the birds on that site have seen more cock-ends than weekends. Just be grateful you escaped before you before you got a nasty disease. I know this from experience. I pumped a bird from there once, and ended up getting one of those little metal umbrellas shafted down my japs eye. Not pleasant.
    Oh, wow. Maybe I did dodge a bullet then, hehe.

Who knows what happened? Maybe she changed her mind? Maybe she found someone else? Who cares? It was just a meet up....you owe each other nothing.
    Last edited by surfhb; 12-11-12 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Ach or

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Who knows what happened? Maybe she changed her mind? Maybe she found someone else? Who cares? It was just a meet up....you owe each other nothing.
    OK, well, I did not say that she owes me anything.

Mr Eli, call me old fashioned....but I'd respond far better to a phone call than a text or email. A phone call takes just a little more thought and effort - and is so much more personal.

That being said, perhaps she had second thoughts after sleeping on it. That can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Mr Eli, call me old fashioned....but I'd respond far better to a phone call than a text or email. A phone call takes just a little more thought and effort - and is so much more personal.

That being said, perhaps she had second thoughts after sleeping on it. That can happen.
    Sleeping on it, lol. Only thing this bitch is sleeping on, is a another dudes boaby. Forget her, plenty more fish in the sea.

I seriously doubt that she had any intentions of having a follow up date with you.

It is FAR easier to dump someone by ignoring an email/text than to than say to the their date's face ....'Don't ever contact me again, I'm not interested'. Most people are not that confrontational.

I bet everyone on this site has lied to someone on their first date, to imply that they had a good time and that they might be willing to go out again, when in reality had no intentions of ever talking to the person again.

You only had one date. She owes you NO explanation, although I think it is rude that she can't send an email and say 'no thanks'.

She wasn't interested. She did the other crap to extricate herself from a date she wasn't enjoying without drama. Time to move on.

I would never have coffee with someone whose first words are 'hey wanna grab coffee sometime'. Wtf? If that is her opening line to everyone on the site then you were probably just one in a very long list.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I've heard that some women decide within five minutes of meeting a guy if he is potential marriage material or not. If not, they will be pleasant during the date, but there isn't going to be a second date. Don't worry about it, she just didn't see any chemistry and has already moved on.

For what it's worth, I hate the name of that Plenty of Fish site. The name creates a negative impression that nobody is special, and there are plenty of other fish out there. While that may be true, I feel like people dating through Plenty of Fish are quick to give up and move on to the next person.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Po
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Eli View Post
    OK, well, I did not say that she owes me anything.
    No, I said you don't owe EACH OTHER anything.

She probably thought you were ugly. Or boring. Or both.