+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wondering about this woman

Wondering about this woman

Hello,

Thanks. Heres my situation. I was in a very serious relationship. We both have very strong feelings towards one another. Anyhow it came to an end. We've spoken regulary since the breakup about 2 weeks ago. Shes said from day 1 that if I were to change we'd be together. However she doesnt want to date myself or anyone at this point. I have to work on a few things such as stop being a bit too pushy, clingy and such. I'm just asking women how I should tackle this. Do you think shes genuinely honest about us or is she stringing me along. I know there is another guy she talks to. Hes been her friend for 16 years now, he understands her alot better and all, but she doesnt want to be with him at all. Their families are very close. Just asking for some insight. Should I stay in contact but not be at her beck and call pretty much or go no contact. A little more background we've had it very rocky the last 6 months, shes still talking to me after everything I did. I've never cheated or anything like that.

rydaa, if she found you too pushy and clingy, just let her lead the way. Reflect the amount of contact and frequency which she gives to you. And it's very important to get yourself into counselling to address the issue of you being needy. You need to show that you're doing the work to become a more rounded partner.

That being said, I think it's quite likely that she will eventually stop calling and move on. That's what most of us do when we break up with someone. But even if this happens, continue with the work on yourself - it will give you a much better chance at relationship success in the future.

good luck

Maybe she needs space right now. Grant her that and try to work on that pushy and clingy issue of yours. Who knows? When you are a changed man already she might change her mind and give your relationship another chance.