+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I have a chance? What should I do?

Do I have a chance? What should I do?

So I'm in high school, and I have asked my peers, and can't get any good advice. I feel kinda of lame being on here but I really want to figure this out!

So I like this girl, a lot, but she is already in a relationship! She has been with her boyfriend for a year too. This may sound ridiculous, but I can't stop thinking about her. She is not the kind of girl to "get around" but I think she may be flirting with me and may even like me. But I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth my time to keep trying or if I should just give up before I tell her my feelings and get hurt.

I don't know if it is just her personality, but we flirt a lot. When we see each other, she always smiles an kind of blushes. Also, she writes me notes and brings gifts to school for me and I do the same thing for her(usually cookies of some sort). But whenever she writes notes she either calls me by the affectionate nickname she gave me, or she calls me her best friend! I hate it when she does that because I want to be so much more, but I just go along with it. However, whenever she gives me hugs, she completely embraces me and holds on for a long time, she buries her head in my chest, and tells me I make her so happy. And then, recently, I was hanging out with her at a bonfire, and we just sat next to the fire and held hands for a long time! Then we eventually went inside and watched a movie. We sat down on the couch together and she cuddled up next to me and held my hand again. I feel like that is more than a friend thing, unless this girl is just super weird best friends with me. I don't think she is that crazy

So this is where I am now! She does things that hint at me being in the friend zone, but also that she might like me! I want to keep pursuing her because I have never felt about a girl this way before, and I'm not typically the romantic type. So what do you guys think? Do I have a chance? Or should i quit before I get hurt?

She has a boyfriend but she flirts with you. Doesn't that make her some kind of cheat?

Here's a tip. Find someone who doesn't have a boyfriend. Somebody who doesn't flirt with people because she's a drama queen who likes the attention from silly little boys like you who can't see that they are being used.

I know she is in a relationship but it doesnt seem to be going well and im wondering it she is just branching out to make sure she Has somebody when shes done. i know there is the whole, "if she is willing to cheat for you, she is probably willing to cheat on you" but i wouldnt consider it cheating. she is a very quality girl and i hav a lot of respect and feelings for her. she will end Her current relationship for herself first because like i said, she is not the type of girl to "get around". and She's definitely not a drama queen and dont refer to me as "little" merely because im in high school. i know i may not have the experience that a grown adult may have, but im not an idiot either. lol this isn't the kind of feedback I was hoping for. You didn't even answer some of my questions. Either you are bitter about something in your past, or you are just a pessimistic person. Thanks for nothing

DOnt come here then complain about advice please. It's rude

The advice you were given was just fine. She's committed to someone else so lay low my friend and just be her friend and see what happens. Let her call you....Don't call her! I repeat.....don't call her. If she's just throwing you a carrot, that's exactly what she's after. She already knows you're interested so throw the ball in her court

If a girl wants you, she'll call. If she wants to go on a date, tell her " im sorry but I dont feel comfortable with that." See what happens....either shell break up with her bad relationship or not.
    Last edited by surfhb; 14-11-12 at 04:34 AM.