+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Poetic words too much?

Poetic words too much?

Hi, I'm pretty new here. I just asked out a girl that I've known for about 5 years, we met in highschool and she was the first person to talk to me as I was adjusting to a new school (I had just moved there with my parents). It's five years since then, we both liked eachother and pretty much both confessed at the same time. The possible problem came up when we were texting eachother, I've signed up with the military and won't be back in town for a couple of weeks once training is done. Anyway, I was texting her a while back and since I did a lot of stuff with poetry in school, I wanted to add a bit of that to my texts, to help convey how I felt since I couldn't tell her in person. We texted back and forth like this, -what would you do if I were with you now, -hold you tight, feeling our hearts beat as one, etc. Somehow her religion came up in our conversation and she mentioned how she wasn't a very good catholic, asked her why and she said that my texts were turning her on too much, and she politely asked me to stop at least until I was done with training. She kind of went back and forth between telling me to stop with the "poetic texts" and to keep going with them. I don't want to push her at all, we're both virgins just out of highschool and I want to respect her boundaries but with ehr going back and forth like that I'm not sure what the best choice would be. I'm erring on the side of cooling down until I get back but I want to make sure it's the best choice.

Wow, religion in her eyes are ruining your very innocent poetry. Maybe try to keep her guessing by trying to ignore her texts to you. Women love it when they feel that maybe some other woman is involved. They love the competition even if its not real. Poetry is great in theory but if someone puts religion before innocent poetry, there is a problem.

Alright, I want my words to come from the heart but I dont want to put her in a position where she has to choose between the two, thank you for your advice.