+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Codependency, yay!

Oh, you know; whole grain. Gotta love whole grain. ANYWAY, in I-wasn't-trolling-and-besides-I-am-not-a-troll news..

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Gotta be honest mate, between the negative nature and the self professed intolerance to others, you're going to be single and friendless for a loooong time. You say that your friends are flaky and that you don't have many....well, I think your attitude to life could well be the real reason they don't want to hang with you.

Have you considered counselling? Or could depression be an issue? Instead of moaning about all your woes, I suggest you start to address the issues which turn people away from you.
    I'm uncertain on how much counseling will cost and which is better, that or therapy or whatever but I know with a certainty that that is expensive and I'm a college student on a budget.

I was on anti-depression but I quit (without being told to; I have no idea what the consequences of that have been).

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    reading several books, bike riding, hockey, philosophy and challenging conversation.
    Any of these would have meetups in your area. You aren't lacking interests, you are lacking interests+people. Join a social group or two per your interests and you'll be meeting lots of people.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's the codependency connection, except to get Wakeups attention?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Lol, oh yes, because I utterly desire Wakeup's attention...Just could not do without. Riiiiiiight.

Anyway, I thought I'd made the connection pretty evident: "Excessive emotional or psychological reliance on a partner." Without having a special one, being successful in other ventures in life has and looks likely to continue to be difficult.

Sadly, meetup.com has yielded absolutely, literally 0 of my interests.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 17-11-12 at 08:41 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sadly, meetup.com has yielded absolutely, literally 0 of my interests.
    Orange county = tons of local colleges. There are loads of activities at those. Are you in that age group?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm uncertain on how much counseling will cost and which is better, that or therapy or whatever but I know with a certainty that that is expensive and I'm a college student on a budget.

I was on anti-depression but I quit (without being told to; I have no idea what the consequences of that have been).
    If you're in college why not go to your school councellor to start with? One step at a time afterall and you don't seem to listen to any of the suggestions already offered to you from the regulars you've trolled into a response

Yes, I am currently a student. My philosophy class has yielded the crop of typical college kids (potsmoking wasteoids); then again, it isn't an advanced course so perhaps once I climb the class ranks of philosophy, those just taking it for units will become fewer and fewer.

I am planning on playing badminton next semester but I don't think it's a sport where an underdog guy like me can have a sudden, radical social change. Should be extremely fun, though.

Oh, you know; whole grain. Gotta love whole grain. ANYWAY, in I-wasn't-trolling-and-besides-I-am-not-a-troll news..
    Oh yes you are. It's not possible for you to be that stupid deliberately, yet still know how to operate your computer.

Unless of course, you're using an Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    If you're in college why not go to your school councellor to start with? One step at a time afterall and you don't seem to listen to any of the suggestions already offered to you from the regulars you've trolled into a response
    I always thought school counselors were purely on an academic basis? I could be wrong, though; contrary to what you are suggesting, LOL, I will take up your advice as with some of the others (I am open to suggestions) regarding this as I had planned, actually, literally need to meet with a counselor next semester anyway so I will see what services they might possibly offer.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Oh yes you are. It's not possible for you to be that stupid deliberately, yet still know how to operate your computer.

...huh? I can haz cheezeburger?

http://www.loveforum.net/threads/72477-Why-do-girls-like-ridiculously-stupid-sh*t?p=840043#post840043

You're a self-admitted troll.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Um, actually apple users are smarter than PC users.

http://blog.iqelite.com/2010/10/01/it-is-finally-proven-apple-users-are-more-intelligent-than-pc-users-2/

Yay me. I use an iPad and I've also used Linux.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Um, actually apple users are smarter than PC users.

http://blog.iqelite.com/2010/10/01/it-is-finally-proven-apple-users-are-more-intelligent-than-pc-users-2/

Yay me. I use an iPad and I've also used Linux.
    But an Apple is built for people that don't want to learn how to use a computer... so they can get away with being stupid and still use the machine.

http://www.loveforum.net/threads/72477-Why-do-girls-like-ridiculously-stupid-sh*t?p=840043#post840043

You're a self-admitted troll.
    I was being ironic. Derp.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast