+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Codependency, yay!

you maked the lol at the trying of talking if englis??? i the stupid to try, but maybe difficulty can assume

No, I am not laughing at you. "Lol" is a sort of custom here. I can't explain.

i take to forgive the sorry of you, if custom does try not ofend, i learn englis just 1 year, from canada teechr, who look at me with wild eye, not on the book.

Good God this forum is depressing as fukk sometimes.

Get a social life bro, don't even worry about anything else before you get this down. If you still can't get a girl or whatever then come back to us but first of all worry about getting a social life, build the foundation now then worry about the attic later.

First of all, join a club that's relevant to your interests, you will be surrounded by people with interests similar to yours. I would explore new things you haven't tried yet, you might become hooked on one of them. No sense limiting yourself exclusively to the things you've always done - a self defeating habit that is.

Do you lift? Chat people up at the gym. Great way to develop confidence and self esteem, when you are genuinely impressed with the reflection you see in the mirror in the morning and knowing what you are physically capable of, that's an empowering feeling, and you can meet some cool people there once you become a regular.

Learn how to dance, take classes and/or join a club. It's a LOT of fun, even if you think beforehand that you wouldn't like it. There are multiple styles out there for everyone and every personality. If you try out enough styles you will find more than one that you fall in love with no matter who you are. You can find some pretty good instruction videos on youtube as well (I would advise doing this in addition to taking classes/joining a club). And don't even get me started on the chicks you meet. I feel obligated to add that as long as you are not socially retarded and you make it a point to stay off your ass and don't become a couch potato your social life is set once you become a good enough dancer, seriously.

ANYONE can develop a social life, all it takes is the necessary effort. Your situation is not insurmountable, but you will have to work at it and it will take some time and diligence, and you will have to break out of your comfort zone. With the right attitude you could even have fun and enjoy yourself along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    learning (reading several books, weighing what I read and seeing if I just read it or actually learned anything), bike riding, hockey, philosophy and challenging conversation.
    I'm a 23 years old girl and I am interested in all of those things except for hockey. Stop making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInVegas View Post
    i take to forgive the sorry of you, if custom does try not ofend, i learn englis just 1 year, from canada teechr, who look at me with wild eye, not on the book.
    Imma? Is that you?
    Last edited by searock; 17-11-12 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Stop making excuses.
    He won't. He's a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    He won't. He's a troll.
    You're a troll. Come at me, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I'm a 23 years old girl and I am interested in all of those things except for hockey. Stop making excuses.

Imma? Is that you?
    Yes, well, the girls around my age that claim to like those things don't actually like those things; they just say they do to appear more sophisticated. If I were to ask them about philosophers from antiquity, she'd probably have no clue what I'm talking about and say "Duhh, I meant Dane Cook; he is like OMG so deep."

If that is IMMA...LOL.

Not all the girls our age are like that. You're just looking in the wrong places. Can't you figure out just by observing a person for a while whether s/he is intelligent or not?

Yes, I do that but then when I admit to that, I get labeled "judgmental" among other things.

Well, you could just try to learn to make a lot of money. Then you could hire people to be around you all the time, assistants, trainers, etc. You could have an entourage, basically everywhere you go. Have you been assessed for Aspergers? I am sensing some strong characteristics. Also you might try googling dependent personality disorder and avoidant personality disorder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I didn't say intelligent people couldn't use an Apple - just that people too stupid to use a PC could use one.
    Well, there's truth that Jobs wanted macs to be easy to use. Unfortunately he didn't price point them to that target market. Generally, 'stupid' people tend to be of lower income and education level. So instead, he ended up creating a computer for smart people who have better things to do with their time. I can't remember the last time my mac crashed. I've been using them since the Quadras and they've always been enormously stable. I own a new PC, because I have to, and windows crashes regularly on that thing. Windows8 is reported to be a dog and Steven Sinofsky is bailing. There is something to be said for coordinating hardware and OS. RIP Steve Jobs.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I've always said that if you want to use a man's OS, you should use BSD.

Then they built OS X on top of BSD, so I bought a Mac. Just sold my other *nix machine, actually.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Certainly macs were not easy to troubleshoot when you ran into problems with the extensions. So I take exception to HIAs comment. He probably never used a mac pre-OSX.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Certainly macs were not easy to troubleshoot when you ran into problems with the extensions. So I take exception to HIAs comment. He probably never used a mac pre-OSX.
    Actually, that's where/when I learned my hatred of Mac's. Back in the early days when the GUI was young, it was unstable and crashed constantly. Really friggin' irritating when you've just spent an hour writing a report for work and the damn thing locks up on you.

I first started messing with computers in 1983 - a TRS-80 Color Computer II. Computer classes at that time in my HS were teaching both PC and Apple because nobody knew which would shake out to be the winner.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast