+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Codependency, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    If you can tell whether a person is intelligent, then you can tell which girls are, and you can go talk to them instead of the others. It is as simple as that.

Unless of course, your problem is not the lack of intelligent and interesting girls, but your incapability of socially interacting with them.
    One thing I'm afraid of is, smart girls tend to be snobbier than smart guys.

But you're snob yourself aren't you... so you should get along even better, making fun of stupid people :-) (I mean it!)

Lol, I'm not a snob, per se..I just have standards.

So do smart girls :-)

LOL, dammit searock; you and your sharp wit!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good job Searock.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Lol, I'm not a snob, per se..I just have standards.
    LOL, as opposed to what? Not having any?

Anyway, I think the reason is that 'smart' girls want to be appreciated for what's b/t their ears as much as their legs. Frankly, there are many intelligent, accomplished men who are quite happy with an attractive women who is smart like soap bubble. The converse is rarely true. Candy boys who are dumb as a sack of rocks (and we all know a few) aren't generally considered longterm relationship material.

Really intelligent women are actually discriminated against, especially if they are very attractive. Many men find them threatening. I actually had a man who I made a better case against, get mad at me and told me to go home and bake cookies. LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Really intelligent women are actually discriminated against, especially if they are very attractive. Many men find them threatening. I actually had a man who I made a better case against, get mad at me and told me to go home and bake cookies. LOL.
    Had a tearful conversation with my wife about this very thing just the other day. She still smarts because she NEVER got asked out in HS, yet had a dozen or so male friends that were always hanging around, asking for relationship advice, etc.

I had to break the new to her that every single one of those male friends were almost certainly interested in her but intimidated and afraid to ask her out. They hung around because it was a non-threatening way to be close to her, and they asked her advice about relationships because they were trying to get inside info on how to ask her out.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, if I only knew then. I had a ton of male friends in HS. Still have a few of them on my facebook to this day, we kept in touch.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I actually had a man who I made a better case against, get mad at me and told me to go home and bake cookies. LOL.
    LOL, I hope there were people around to witness his ridiculous failure !

in the cuntry of I it can to a greet honoor to make a tasti cooki, it this girl that get the good mens, smart of femal get put a jial

Hmm... I had a woman prove me wrong once.

haha, just kidding

Frankly, there are many intelligent, accomplished men who are quite happy with an attractive women who is smart like soap bubble. The converse is rarely true. Candy boys who are dumb as a sack of rocks (and we all know a few) aren't generally considered longterm relationship material.
    Is Canada really THAT different from the US? Over here the biggest dumbass usually gets the girl (even if he's fugly), presumably because he is the easiest to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Hmm... I had a woman prove me wrong once.

haha, just kidding
    stapid cammunist

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    Over here the biggest dumbass usually gets the girl
    The smart girl? I find it hard to believe.

If anything, smart girls tend to be single for extended periods of time, for the precise reasons Indi stated.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast