+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I forget about what he said while drunk?

Should I forget about what he said while drunk?

Me and my bf had a night in last night drinking and watching some movies. We do this a few times a week to chill after college and we love it. We are kinda at a rough patch atm. He told me last week he has been sick of my attitude lately and wants me to show an improvement or he thinks we should break up.

For the last few days I've been on my best behaviour and not even trying, its all coming naturally which is great and we've been getting on great and having a laugh and he says he notices an improvement and all he wants is for me to be nice, nothing more.

Last night just as we were going to bed I told him to get off it for a second just so I could fix the mattress and he wouldn't move and he kept moaning at me and then somehow an argument came about and he was like "oh what you've done lately is sh*t! Not good enough! Maybe I'm trying to make you see we should break up!". I was really upset and tried to sleep after that. In the morning he woke up all hungover and tried to cuddle into me and wondered why I had no time for him and when I told him what he said he just said "I was drunk and angry, that's all. Don't take any heed of it"

I do know when you are angry, you say a lot of things you don't mean but I thought the truth comes out when you drink?

I kinda feel as though we are back at square one now though I am not gonna go back to the way I was

Yes, sometimes the truth comes out when we are drunk. (I really wish my mother had never told me what REALLY happened to my guinea pig when we were having a few drinks). But equally, alcohol can distort or magnify feelings. There's no golden rule.

Change takes time. And it will take time before he knows if you've permanently turned over a new leaf. Be patient with him - but don't let him hold constant reminders over your head.

When u are drunk ppl don't act themselves and drinking can bring out the worst in ppl. You aren't able to make logical decisions when totally hammered and therefore if you aren't able to handle your liquor, best to stop drinking in excess

God made alcohol so ugly people can get laid too. Other than that, I would ascribe no other purpose to it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DawkinsDaFihsh View Post
    Me and my bf had a night in last night drinking and watching some movies. We do this a few times a week to chill after college and we love it. We are kinda at a rough patch atm. He told me last week he has been sick of my attitude lately and wants me to show an improvement or he thinks we should break up.

For the last few days I've been on my best behaviour and not even trying, its all coming naturally which is great and we've been getting on great and having a laugh and he says he notices an improvement and all he wants is for me to be nice, nothing more.

Last night just as we were going to bed I told him to get off it for a second just so I could fix the mattress and he wouldn't move and he kept moaning at me and then somehow an argument came about and he was like "oh what you've done lately is sh*t! Not good enough! Maybe I'm trying to make you see we should break up!". I was really upset and tried to sleep after that. In the morning he woke up all hungover and tried to cuddle into me and wondered why I had no time for him and when I told him what he said he just said "I was drunk and angry, that's all. Don't take any heed of it"

I do know when you are angry, you say a lot of things you don't mean but I thought the truth comes out when you drink?

I kinda feel as though we are back at square one now though I am not gonna go back to the way I was
    Honestly, I am seeing a bit of a red flag here. What does he mean by saying he doesn't like your attitude lately? Is there any legitimacy to his statement, or is your being labelled as having a "problematic attitude" justified? Because it looks an awful lot like he is manipulating you by threatening breakups when he isn't getting what he wants.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i u say u like to drink and watch movies with him!! hahhahahhahha

what about stop drinking and act like your sober damm self.
    to avoid u to open topics like this.

and i dont believe in "i was drunk" .

I think people know what they do, so thats why they can tell the next day that they was drunk and some of the things they did.

But whatever it is u will still be with him after that, so stop wasting our time,

There is a difference with having a good and happy buzz, and there is a difference with being stupidly hammered