+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anyone ever have sun poisoning?

Anyone ever have sun poisoning?

If thats what this is anyway...

About 3 days ago I layed in the sun with an SPF 15 all over my body, after being out for one hour my legs started itching, and hives started to spread.
    At night while I slept, they disappeared.
    The next day I didnt get in the sun at all, stayed in the shade if I was outside, and was also out for an hour total. Hives came back.
    They disappeared at night again...
    Today I wake up, no hives yet again, and I spent practically no time in the sun and my hives were back within 5 minutes of my being outside. Not only on my legs, but spreading up my arms too.
    I dont think this is sun poisoning, because it happens when I'm not in direct sunlight.
    What could this be? Has anyone experienced this?
    I can understand it if I were outside too long... but I know people who can stay out all day and not get one reaction to the heat.. except sun burn of course..What is going on with me?
    ~Sarah~

there could be no connection between the hives and the sun in the first place.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I had it once, and believe me...no fun. Several years back, I was out in the sun WAY too long with no protection. Well to make this story short, I had 1st and 2nd degree burns, on top of sun poisoning. My whole body was peeling bad..and I damn near died from dehydration.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Hahahahah!

Doesn't the sunscreen seem a logical culprit?

Just pretty obvious to me.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah ... sounds like an allergic reaction ... and i doubt it was from the sun ... i hate hives ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Bohemiandonut I hope youre talking to Innova cause I had an SPF....
    This does have to do with being outside... whether it be from the sun or not... as soon as I walk outside the hives appear within 5 minutes.. when I'm back in the house they start to go away.
    Reguardless of whether or not I'm wearing an SPF (which I was) this shouldnt be occuring from being outside for 5 minutes. Maybe 3 or 4 hours like Innova.. but not 5 minutes.
    ~Sarah~

I would try to cover up I guess. It seems shade (being inside, not direct sunlight) is the only option for the moment. BUT I would deffinitly go see a doctor ASAP!!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Bohemiandonut I hope youre talking to Innova cause I had an SPF....
    This does have to do with being outside... whether it be from the sun or not... as soon as I walk outside the hives appear within 5 minutes.. when I'm back in the house they start to go away.
    Reguardless of whether or not I'm wearing an SPF (which I was) this shouldnt be occuring from being outside for 5 minutes. Maybe 3 or 4 hours like Innova.. but not 5 minutes.

::smacks self in forehead::

::sighs...::

I was SAYING that maybe you are allergic to the sunscreen!

Silly lady.

lol i didnt use it today though and didnt go outside but for a few minutes and it came back...
    I'm just not normal...
    ~Sarah~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe you're allergic to daylight. vampire.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

indigosoul Guest
    Could it be your laundry detergent? Something youre wearing/washed recently? A jacket or sweater? Lots of ppl get contact dermatitis from not rinsing the stuff away completely...

Right I know what youre sayin... but no I always use Tide actually because I'm allergic to everything else... I'm using all the same body wash, all the same shampoos, pretty much nothing has changed. You know it could be diet... but why would the rash only appear when I go out into heat?
    Like right now I dont have it, its 7:40 am and I havent been outside yet. I took a bath in oatmeal yesterday, used oatmeal lotion, that stuff makes it go away. I'm just hoping it wont come back. My father and I are going to a Plant Nursery this morning to look at full sun plans for the back yard. Wish me luck
    ~Sarah~

Good Luck!
    Now.... GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn