+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am am overly attached to a friend that rejected me.

I am am overly attached to a friend that rejected me.

I've been good friends with this classmate of mine for about 4 months now. We have a lot in common so I thought it would work out. A couple weeks ago I confessed to a her that I like her as more then a friend and that I don't want to be in her friend zone anymore. She felt bad for me and said that she doesn't have any feelings for me. I told her that we could remain 'just friends'. (Might I add that this was all done over Skype, I wanted to tell her in person but never found the time to.) She seemed super chill about the whole situation.

Afterwards I posted my situation around the internet and basically I got the same response everywhere; Move on and I'll go away. So that's what I tried to do. I told her the following day that I don't think we should be friends because I still have feelings for her. It was real awkward at school because I sit close to her and after a few days everyone close to us was like 'DERP WHY AREN'T YOU TALKING TO DERPINA ANYMORE'. We both shrugged it off and the following week we were talking again, then we became close friends again because we have like A BILLION things in common, so it was kinda hard to keep quiet between us. We never brought the subject of a relationship up again.

She once told me something along the lines of 'I know you're over me'. I think she said this because I'm always around other girls.We jokingly call each other names like 'honey' and 'love'. It burns me inside when I know she's saying it but doesn't really mean it.

I'm not over her, hell. I'm ****ing obsessed with her. Like a few nights ago I had a dream that she was with hooked up with a friend of mine. I woke up and my stomach hurt like hell, was even about to puke.

She told me I'm her best friend and that she really cares about me. So if I tell her I don't want to be friends anymore I'll be going nowhere. I've tried moving on and not interacting with her but that just doesn't work. We're going to get back together sooner of later because we spent 6-7 hours a day together. I don't know what to do. I've contemplated suicide and thought about moving to a different school.

Both seem radical solutions, but I can't let this go on because it's eating me up on the inside.

TL;DR: I tell a friend a like her, she tells me that she doesn't feel the same about me. We stop interacting then start interacting again after 2 weeks ~ . She thinks I'm over her, I'm not. If anything I like her now more then ever. I done think stopping my interaction with her completely is the way to go as we have a lot in common and spent a lot of time at school together. The whole situation fills me with sadness and guilt. Not sure where to go now.

dude, if you're using 'derp' and 'derpina' then you'll understand what I say when I say 'friendzone'

Stop with the whole suicide thing, no-one is worth it! Maybe you should try new things and hang out with your friends or get the new COD. Crushes are hard and I understand the obsessive side of things but you have to live your life.