Hi all,

I've gotten myself into a really complicated situation.

At the end of last school year I started to get very close with a guy friend, it ended up where we would spend almost everyday together, we're just really close and we like doing all the same things. I developed an attraction to him, and I confessed to him that I had feelings and he also admitted that he was attracted to me.

So where's the problem?

Well, both of us had just come out of pretty serious relationships. I had just ended a 3 year relationship with a guy I lived with for 2 years, and he had just been cheated on my his ex and was having a lot of issues getting over that. Anyway, because it was the end of the school year and I had to return home for the summer we decided to just leave it and remain friends.

So, I came back to school in September, and find that our friendship is still just as strong, and I'm still attracted to him. Unfortunately over the summer he started hooking up with a girl who is a friend of mine. Even though he was hooking up with this girl, we still spent tons of time together, we were always doing stuff together, and going on adventures. Anyways, one day we went to a party, and got a little bit drunk, and he admitted that he was still attracted to me.

That night we ended up sleeping together, but because of this other girl, we decided to keep it a secret because we didn't want to hurt her feelings. He ended things with her that week, they weren't in a relationship or anything, but we decided to keep our hooking up in secret to protect her feelings, because I'm her friend and I knew she really liked him. We also decided to not to start a committed relationship because I'm still not over my ex.

It's been about six weeks since we started hooking up, and two days ago he ended things. He said that it was getting too obvious to other people what was going on between us and we were getting too wrapped up in each other, and that our friendship had turned into something where we don't talk we just have sex. He thinks that we're objectifying each other, and he wants us to go back to being friends like we used to be. He said it was better to end things now, rather than keep down this road, and have it blow up and have a whole bunch of people get hurt.

The problem is, that after spending every day and night for 2 months with this guy, I have to admit that I have some pretty strong feelings for him. It really crushed me when he ended things. He said he doesn't want anyone to get hurt, but I am hurt. We have still been hanging out like nothing has changed, except that we're not having sex anymore.

I want to tell him that I have these feelings, but I'm worried that he will get freaked out and end our friendship as well.

TL/DR: I've been having sex with a guy friend, but keeping it secret because he used to have sex with my female friend. We spend way too much time together. He just asked that we stop having sex, but much to my chagrin, I find that I have developed feelings for him. Do I tell him and risk losing an important friendship? or do I keep silent and minimize my own feelings?