+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Casual Relationship

Casual Relationship

Hi, i'm a Filipina and I have a boyfriend who is a half filipino half canadian for almost half a year now. We started from going out with my friends and having dinner/coffee in which it's only just us. We go to his place sometimes and we become intimate. We're having fun, we're happy when we're together that comes to a point that he doesn't want me to leave yet but to stay over on his place. He's missing me when i'm not around, when he was in Manila he keeps on telling me almost everyday that he miss me wherein it's only been 4days since we've last seen each other and he even said it really sucks when we don't see each other. But one time I asked him what's really going on between us cos I remember him told me before he have never been in love, that triggers me to ask him what's really going on. He'll be only here in PH for 2years and not sure if he'll go back in Canada after that. So we were talking about our relationship and we've decided it's only a casual relationship, no committment at all, not too serious, be happy with each other, no love. But he asked me if I can see myself falling in love with him I told him yes and I asked him the same question he said the same answer but the problem is he doesn't want to fall in love and be on a serious relationship. He's sweet tho, he really cares for me, he get jealous, before it's okay with him if i want to go out on a date with other guys but now that we've been together for months it's not okay anymore. He said he'll get mad, I can only do that if we're not together anymore. Last time, we've talked about "us" again he wants to end it up and I don't of course. I asked him why and he said cos he thinks we're already getting too serious in a way that it looks like we're living in together when i'm staying over at his place but he said he likes it. And when I said okay, it's fine with me if he wants to end it up then I started to remove all the stuffs that could make us remember each other, the notes, pictures, messages and I saw him crying. Then later on, he said he's not really okay on his decision, it's hard for him.. Now i'm confused, what's really going on? Is he already falling but he doesn't want to admit it?

I think by what you say, he is in a committed relationship with you but it will end in two years when he returns to Canada. However; no one knows for sure what is going on in his mind but him. He doesn't want you to see other men. I suggest you ask him (if you haven't already) not to see other woman either.

Perhaps you could try to relax and just enjoy what you have with him (after making sure he too is being exclusive) and quit trying to label what you have. It seems you're both into one another, getting along with each other and enjoying a very nice relationship.

AARE U a insecure woman?

If u are not u should have make your own decision.
    Instead of waiting\
    for what he is going to say so u can be happy.

Im shore he is not into you that much. So break up or shut up and let him do with u what ever he wants.

Thank you so much for your help

I don't need to tell him not to go out on a date with other girls cos he said he won't do that and I trust him. Here is what i'm thinking sometimes, maybe he wants to make sure if i can be a nice girlfriend/partner for long esp. we have a long distance relationship now we're about 3hours away from each other because of his work. He's a pilot and we don't see each other that much, we don't communicate from time to time. And this, he had been cheated by his ex girlfriend, he was in Canada that time and the girl was on her vacation. I'm thinking maybe that could be one of the reasons why he doesn't want to be in a too serious relationship yet because he knows that we won't be together often times due to busy days at work... tho we're really enjoying now, we do really have a nice relationship even if sometimes we can't avoid having some arguments cos of different cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitsss View Post
    AARE U a insecure woman?

If u are not u should have make your own decision.
    Instead of waiting\
    for what he is going to say so u can be happy.

Im shore he is not into you that much. So break up or shut up and let him do with u what ever he wants.
    no, I am not. I trust him.
    he doesn't really want to end things up, he just don't want us to get too serious yet and I agreed to that cos we don't want to put everything on rush.
    we'll take it slow until we find out that we're ready to get really into it and be too serious.

thanks for the response tho