+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimal opportunity cost and dating.

Minimal opportunity cost and dating.

Guys, anyone think like this?

I want a LTR, but tend to stick with or date people I know probably aren't LTR material due to minimal oppertunity cost.

Opportunity Cost is an economic term which means the cost of any action is simply the next best alternative to that action. Basically, most nights I have little going on, may as well go on a date and see what happens even though it's probably not going to be ideal (and anything can be a learning experience).

The cost is higher than you think- the quality foregone for an easy date takes away unseen potential opportunity. Dating many people doesn't raise your chances of finding a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by murofevol View Post
    Dating many people doesn't raise your chances of finding a good one.
    True. But you can hone your likes and dislikes.

do u type like that for attention? or to play smart ass? cause nobody here does

Yes hooker costs truly can add up. Maybe post an ad for a sugar momma to take care of you...are you hot looking? If not maybe an old cougar might take you.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Yes hooker costs truly can add up. Maybe post an ad for a sugar momma to take care of you...are you hot looking? If not maybe an old cougar might take you.
    How do you know this??? I hope you find Christ and stop spending your money on hookers.

The true opportunity cost of the hooker can be calculated by dividing your potential divorce settlement by the number of times you expect to have sex with your potential wife. Ideally you should factor in the value of her doing your laundry and making your meals, but most likely that can be offset by the cost of her nagging and time wasted on trite conversation. Also consider the cost of dates and gifts. Sometimes the hooker is the more prudent choice, especially if you like variety and don't want children.

If you do elect to go for the sugar momma, consider advertising your services as a gardener or pool boy.

You pay the hooker to leave.

WHOA!!!!!!1 Blown out of proportion, holy crap! When did "hookers", "sugar momma" and "finding christ" come up, lol.

"Ask A Male" forum, sounds to me like a place to get real-world, honest, "locker-room" replies from GUYS who have had similar experiences.

I just wanted to ask if other guys ever find themslves dating chicks they think probably wont work out, or are "not-that-into", due to nothing better to do, or because that's the best they can find at the time while still looking for "the one" (for lack of a better phrase).

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    I just wanted to ask if other guys ever find themslves dating chicks they think probably wont work out, or are "not-that-into", due to nothing better to do, or because that's the best they can find at the time while still looking for "the one" (for lack of a better phrase).
    Its called a **** buddy and I hope that when you hook up with one that you're honest in your intentions.

Nothing new with your situation, Turbo. Just learn to keep it real by not leading women on to think you're not who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Its called a **** buddy and I hope that when you hook up with one that you're honest in your intentions.

Nothing new with your situation, Turbo. Just learn to keep it real by not leading women on to think you're not who you are.
    Thanks for the on-topic reply.

If I am 100% SURE it won't work out, I will abort. Perhaps I am always hopeful that something spectacular will surface about the chick to make me want more with her.

Thanks for the on-topic reply.

If I am 100% SURE it won't work out, I will abort. Perhaps I am always hopeful that something spectacular will surface about the chick to make me want more with her.
    but to find that chick who will make you want more with her ~ You have to have something in common. Stop picking City Chicks who you have zero in common with. If you d happen to pick a city chick, then make sure she really wants to be that homebody who does you in the hot tub after a nice steak and some wine and won't get bored with that once the new relationship energy has worn away.

That's all of course if you are truly looking for something substantial. if you're hooked on casual sex, then who cares if you're compatibile outside the bedroom? Just keep it honest.

Guys, anyone think like this?

I want a LTR, but tend to stick with or date people I know probably aren't LTR material due to minimal oppertunity cost.

Opportunity Cost is an economic term which means the cost of any action is simply the next best alternative to that action. Basically, most nights I have little going on, may as well go on a date and see what happens even though it's probably not going to be ideal (and anything can be a learning experience).
    If you're going to focus on an economic decision-making model, why are you only looking at opportunity costs? What about internal rate of return? Supply and demand? Shouldn't you be trying to maximize your economic efficiency? In short, do you value quality over quantity? I suggest initially dating a variety of people to discover what you do and don't want in a partner, but then narrowing it down to one person that you enjoy being with the most. One lover is better than a bunch of acquaintances.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

sadie_genie Guest
    If your income is higher, you wouldn't be stuck with inferior good.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    If you're going to focus on an economic decision-making model, why are you only looking at opportunity costs?
    Because that's the biggest factor for me, "why not? I have nothing better to do... maybe I will find something awesome about this women that off-sets the things I don't think I like about her". With no attempt there will be guaranteed zero return.

Do you value quality over quantity?
    No. Ideally my next first date will be my last first date.

I suggest initially dating a variety of people to discover what you do and don't want in a partner, but then narrowing it down to one person that you enjoy being with the most.
    Agreed, each person I go out with narrows down likes and dislikes, I can make quite a list now, which is good and bad since some people can be quickly discounted, haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast