+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Online-Is It Possible?

Love Online-Is It Possible?

Ok,so I'm head over heels about this girl I met online eight months ago!She is the kind of girl that makes me forget instantly how much I despise marriage and anything that goes with it.I don't even know her voice,just her pictures,tons of them!And no,it's not a dating scam.

We live in different countries but the biggest problem is her attitude,she plays a mysterious game for me,she won't speak with me often,won't open up and lately she seems to have pulled totally the plug on me,girls heeeellpppp!!!!!!

If it were equivalent I would say it works. I spent 3 years with a boyfriend that I spent 2 years in an online relationship with before that and I married a man I spent 6months in an online relationship with 4years ago. However this is not equal. She is not talking to you as much as you want to talk to her and the just avoiding a guy is a classic way of dumping him nicely in the eyes of women.

Gwk is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Maybe she is not who you think she is! Why have you not spoken on the phone? She must be hiding something.

You are not in love with her, but the image of her that you conjured up in your head from your desperate overactive imagination. Get a life and date people in real life that live in your town....what you see is what you get.....and you can get to have something physical and not imaginary.

Some of us wouldn't get within 10' of the guys of in our town. Online has far more possibilities when you live in a small town of morons.

Ok well then keep in within a 25 mile radius or frickin move.

25 miles barely gets me to the next town. Actually it probably doesn't. 30mins is a standard drive for groceries, entertainment, etc... around here. 45-60mins if you want options. My first boyfriend that I spent 2 years online 3 years living with was from 900miles away and moved here when he graduated.

Not everyone is willing to move and drag their heels making promises that they will. You got a real trooper.

If I had to drive 30 mins for any sign of civilization I would hang myself.

Planes were cheapear then. I could get from moline to atlanta for about $150 round trip and gas was cheaper to drive to the airports so we did meet many times in those 2 years we were apart. Probably about every 2-3 months we'd spend a week together. Although I started refusing to fly to his place cause his mom was what my husband calls "batshit insane" and I wasn't experienced enough to drive in a city like atlanta from small town Iowa.

Chill out guys,finding a girl online and keeping the interest going is an artform(either u have it or u don't)as long as it doesn't stay an online thing for too long.I consider myself a good talker when I approach a lady online but offline you have to work twice as hard to create some first date magic and frankly speaking I'm too lazy for that.There are different countries and different cultures to consider in my case so I wouldn't jump the gun too much if I were you.....

Quote Originally Posted by kageri View Post
    If it were equivalent I would say it works. I spent 3 years with a boyfriend that I spent 2 years in an online relationship with before that and I married a man I spent 6months in an online relationship with 4years ago. However this is not equal. She is not talking to you as much as you want to talk to her and the just avoiding a guy is a classic way of dumping him nicely in the eyes of women.
    Wow, you are the first person I have seen online that has dated people from chat roulette!

What was it like? I assume the one you married was not from chat roulette though. What World of Warcraft server did you marry him on?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Ok well then keep in within a 25 mile radius or frickin move.
    Have you ever dated on chat roulette?

I have a question.

How did you tell your online men about possible struggles with weight issues? Were they open minded or were they jerks?