+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do when EVERYONE at work seems to hate the idea of you and your boyfriend???

What to do when EVERYONE at work seems to hate the idea of you and your boyfriend???

I 've just met the most wonderful guy I've ever been with. We have so much in common and we get on really well and I feel like we can tell each other everything and we've only been dating for a month! I'm moving in with him soon.

The trouble is people at work. We both work in the same place. He's 30 and I am 20. We were both seeing other people when we first got talking but nothing happened until we ended it with our partners. It was a tough time for him as even though he knew it wasn't working, she had to move out as she was living with him. But he said if he stayed with her he would be living a lie. We kept it cool for at least another two months after that, the he said he couldn't play these games any longer, to which he kissed me and shocked me. We have been inseperable ever since!

Even though both of us are happy, and our parents are happy for us and get on with each of us, and even our exes have accepted it and moved on (they both have new people), people at work don't. They have refused to speak to us. They call me a relationship wrecker but aren't much nicer to him saying he's 'moved one out and moved a younger model in'. They haven't talked about anything else for the past month, muttrering 'I wonder what he sees in her' and 'I wonder who she thinks she is'. I once gave him a cuddle outside the work gates and we were told to keep this sort of behaviour behind closed doors. Even if I smile at him I get a dirty look. I would like to say it was just one particular person but it seems to be everyone, even people who were friends with us before. Do you know what to do to stop this without having to leave??? I don't mind the job or the money and it took me a long time to get this job in the first place.

Help...we're both confused and just want everyone to accept us at least a little.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is why the say to avoid relationships at work.

One of you should quit.

just do ur work properly...........as long as ur work is upto the mark..there is nothing other people can do beside mutter...and u have him and he has you......

i am sure it will die down..

best of luck

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Why be so bothered about what others think? Do you like this guy? Do you want to be with this guy alot? Does he make you happier than youve ever been? Ok then forget about those jealous fools and live it!
    ~Sarah~

Quote Originally Posted by ALovelyLady86
    Why be so bothered about what others think? Do you like this guy? Do you want to be with this guy alot? Does he make you happier than youve ever been? Ok then forget about those jealous fools and live it!
    Exactly.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quit.
    ____

Just whatever you do dont let them get to you so much that you quit... thats not a good idea especially if you like your job for the most part
    ~Sarah~