+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proposing without a ring

Hi Everyone. I thought I would give you an update on how it went.

First, thank you all for your advice. I read and considered everything you said. In the end I decided that I would rather focus on surprising her than the ring. My opinion is that I could always buy a nicer ring but the opportunity and surprise would be once in a lifetime. So, I bought a nice, placeholder ring. We didn't end up getting her finger sized, and by doing so I threw off the scent of what was going to happen as she thought I had given up on the idea because I stopped asking.

So on Dec 31st, just after midnight, when the sky was covered in fireworks, we were standing on the hotel balcony, which overlooked the whole town below, watching the sky catch on fire (I have never seen that many fireworks in my life) and I got down on my knee and proposed. She said YES! I was so excited. It was perfect.

Now, we are going to get her ring sized and I am going to buy her a ring. I am still deciding whether I want her to choose with me or for me to choose for her. They both have their pros and cons. If she comes with me I know she will buy a ring that she loves, so I don't have to worry about making a mess of it, but it will take a lot of the personal feeling of buying her something special away. Anyway, now I am trying to decide how much to spend on an engagement ring when after talking we will most likely actually get married in less than 6 months, but that's another question for another thread. Thanks again, everyone!

Congratz

Argos it.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeans View Post
    My girlfriend also suggested that she is more interested in putting our money toward out future than by wasting it on a ring. We would like to start a family within the next 2 years.
    I think proposing without a ring is fine. But admit it, any girl would love to have an engagement ring no matter how they claim that it is not important. I'm sure you can find a nice affordable ring at your local jewelry shop. But if you still are hesitant to spend on the ring, its still fine to do as you planned.
    It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.― Friedrich Nietzsche

This thread is old, the engagement is done and over with. Please check date of thread. If it is over 3 weeks old, don't bother posting, they usually are long gone.

What a great plan, Amazing. But that time you can give her a beautiful rose. A red rose is also can explain your love. Then you should go. Wishing the best of luck.
    john

I'm just still coming to terms with the bit when he said he was going to get his girlfriends ring sized. Sound pervy.

^^ lol ^^

okay, thanks for that visual I'm unable to get outta my brain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123