+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that turn chicks on/off.

Things that turn chicks on/off.

I have pondered for a long time at connecting the dots between why certain things turn certain woman on while the exact same thing turns other women off. I am not speaking sexually either. I know everyone is different but my question I think depends on the type of girl. I have noticed that one chick I use to date never responded to me writing her love letters or poems or any of that mushy bull. Yet another chick loved it all. I noticed that the one that loved it was super artistic and romantic while the other had zero artistic skills and was dominating. So I would like to know what kind of girl you are and what turns you on and off in a sense. I am wondering if your love language is created via your personality. What I mean is telling me about your personality and having me guess your love language and the things that would probably turn you on solely based upon that. But you can go ahead and tell me what your love language is if you want.

sadie_genie Guest
    So you trying to turn this into a science? You are an ambitious man.

Thank you lol. I might be trying to prove something scientifically here. So why don't you help the experiment? =)

Our love language is dertmined by how we were shown love by the very first man in our lives who we gave a shit about ~ that being our father. Thats why its very important that woman have a positive male role model as well as a positive female role model in our lives. Single parenting that entails absent mothers or fathers is not the best way to start a family. I wish more young people would realize that.

Me.. I don't care for romantic tripe much, never have. My father (a great and loving man) showed me his love through acts of kindness and small gifts that were given just because he saw something and thought I would enjoy it. I looked for the same thing in my hubby (sub-conciously) and he fulfills that emotional want.

You might want to read "The Five Love Languages" AM.. It explains the ways people feel loved.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 30-11-12 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Our love language is dertmined by how we were shown love by the very first man in our lives who we gave a shit about ~ that being our father. Thats why its very important that woman have a positive male role model as well as a positive female role model in our lives. Single parenting that entails absent mothers or fathers is not the best way to start a family. I wish more young people would realize that.

Me.. I don't care for romantic tripe much, never have. My father (a great and loving man) showed me his love through acts of kindness and small gifts that were given just because he saw something and thought I would enjoy it. I looked for the same thing in my hubby (sub-conciously) and he fulfills that emotional want.

You might want to read "The Five Love Languages" AM.. It explains the ways people feel loved.
    Ya just blew my mind on this. Makes sense why spoiled chicks in which daddy buy them whatever they want are gold diggers and why girls who are abused by there fathers end up with guys who abuse them.

Yes, it also explains why chicks and guys who were raised with positive roll models in their lives end up in happy, long lasting relationships. Good parenting does NOT entail giving your children everything they want, ask for or feel entitled to. When "daddy buys them whatever they want" is not the same as bringing home a wee, inexpensive surprise just because.

These well adjusted people also know when to let someone out of their lives for good. They don't make a habit of "angry-****ing" exes. *good natured digs*

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    They don't make a habit of "angry-****ing" exes. *good natured digs*
    lmao I did no such thing. I just updated that topic btw...

But what shapes their personality?

I hate mushy stuff (it makes me cringe) and I'm also dominating.

And my dominant personality brings me to another thing which some women love and others hate. I hate a 'yes man'. The man who does everything he can to make me happy and puts my needs above his own. Some male posters write that they do this as if it's a good thing....but I'd run a mile from someone who does this.

From experience, I've learned that I need a man who treats me with respect, but who respects himself enough to say "no" to me if I'm being too dominant or pushy. I need a man who puts equal value on his own wants and needs. Thankfully, this is my lovely hubby.

^^^ amen, sista!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I hate mushy stuff (it makes me cringe) and I'm also dominating.
    Really? I hate mushy stuff from 99% of people, but when used sparingly by the right man, it's nice.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnonymousMan View Post
    lmao I did no such thing. I just updated that topic btw...
    Yes... I answered your update.

But what shapes their personality?
    Personalities are formed by example. Also: As toddlers and as we grow emotionally, we test limits. A child who tests limits and is never challenged on the testing learns that ill behaviour gets them results. Being called on our "tests" and being validated when doing well equal boundary limitations and kudos for jobs well done. Those are just a few ways that personality is developed in a healthy manner.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Really? I hate mushy stuff from 99% of people, but when used sparingly by the right man, it's nice.
    How do you know if a chick hates mushy stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well, of course. No one likes a total hard-ass. lol

I get that but why are some people in things that are more logical like science, some creative, and some really into sports. What shapes this personality trait? Or is this not even of the personality but what the personality is attracted to?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnonymousMan View Post
    How do you know if a chick hates mushy stuff?
    I don't believe they don't like it. They just don't like it when it's used inappropriately.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast