+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The return of the bipolar, suicidal "friend" with an obsessive "crush" on me

He just replied!

I'll try to translate it...

I'll be brief too then: you are a huge bitch! I really can't understand your metamorphosis. Anyway, I am unable to hate you because of the good you did to me, which you now want to renounce. You'd love it if I hated you, wouldn't you? I'm sorry, I'm not gonna give you that satisfaction!
    As far as I'm concerned, I'm done. You "don't want to talk about those things", go to hell, you and your asshole attitude!!
    I know I shouldn't have, but I replied (he managed to irritate me enough, the manipulating genius that he is):

...I guess we can't be friends after all XD. At any rate, I'm glad I got the chance to explain myself. Bye bye!
    I reeeally hope that's the end of it!!

---

Update: no, he replied again. He said I didn't explain anything and I was just too afraid of talking about sh*t... He is seriously messed up. I told him I explained the REASON we can't be friends, and that judging by the way things are going, I was right. I told him to re-read my e-mails if he didn't get it the first time, because I wouldn't repeat myself yet again.

WHY doesn't he just get it??!?!??! Drives me nuts!!
    Last edited by searock; 30-11-12 at 05:51 PM.

He doesn't want to get it because you keep replying he keeps getting your attention and that's all he wants, it doesn't even matter if it's negative attention.. you're focused on him. Stop replying. Eventually he'll stop trying to get your attention. If you don't know what he's saying then he'll be unable to manipulate you into anything, not even anger.

You're right, I'm a fool... I shouldn't have replied! Anyway, I told him one last time that I don't want to talk about this ever again, and that I'm not going to reply anymore if he talks about this again. He didn't reply, I think he's doing it out of spite, as if to say "Oh, you don't want me to talk about that, then I'm not going to talk to you at all! Neener-neener!". Whatever, works for me!!!!

You are just as involved with this as his family is, so you are not imposing by letting them know the level of seriousness his condition is. Letting them know puts the liability onto them if he starts to victimize you more or even worse becomes violent.

Sport

Just say to him if he wants together with you he have to prove that by achieve something in sports - like be the best swimmer or runner in his town(gold medal). healty regular exersise will make him healty and good looking again and girls will pay him more attention - eventually he will lost interest in you. Im pretty much like him and what helps best is other girls and sports - work -new friends, new hobbies, places(other words - life). Just say him all that you dont like about him and dont be protective. Let the guy open his eyes and stop dreaming. You did care about his world when no one else did and thats why he feels bonded to you and needs you. Ignoring is very bad thing that any girl can do because its killing us guys, makes us think more and more. Just make sure he understand - be harsh.

I already explained myself to him several times, he still pretends to not understand and ALWAYS demands (via manipulation techniques) more and more explanations. I'm fed up, I'm not his babysitter and while I'm absolutely sorry about his condition, I do NOT intend to let him drag me down in his misery.

I told him for the n-th time that I don't want to talk about that ever again. I told him if he ever wants to talk about something else, to do so no problem. He hasn't replied, so whatever. I just hope he doesn't kill himself in spite or something.

smackie, I see your point and I am taking it into consideration... I think first I'll talk to our friends about his situation. They don't know half of it. I'm sick of being the only one (apart from my boyfriend, whom I've told everything to) to carry all the weight of his illness and obsession. I'll listen to what they say, even about the possibility of talking to his parents. It will be such a relief to let go of all this.
    Last edited by searock; 01-12-12 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Lol this is what I've done in the past... Don't wear makeup around him, don't shower so u will smell, don't do your hair, belching and cussing and acting butch helps too.
    Or if you're really dedicated to losing him you could have sex with him and deliberately suck so bad at it that he never wants to get balls deep in that again.

sadie_genie Guest
    He doesn't have anyone else who cared about him before so of course he would develop a crush on you. He is just a really really lonely guy. Quite sad. Maybe talk to his parents about this and then just remove yourself completely from him (no contact).

Actually, his family is very close to him, and at least 3 of our friends other than me have tried to get close to him and support him, but he still became obsessed with me for some reason. I know his story is very sad, I feel sad and sorry for him. It's basically the reason I broke the no contact thing I had going on for an year, when he contacted me and I replied a couple weeks ago. BTW he says that this whole year was hell for him, because he kept thinking about me over and over, wondering why I broke contact entirely, etc.... his illness prevents him from doing what any normal person would do (move on). He literally begged me to keep in touch, says that he doesn't think that no contact will do him any good, he'll just keep obsessing over it ad nauseam.

But you know what? It's not my fault and not my responsibility if ANYTHING I do makes him feel like sh*t. His illness makes him feel like sh*t, not me. I'm just done.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Get rid of him. You can't help him, and he will drag you down.
    agree with vashti.

P.S darn! where is my 'thanks' button!
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    P.S darn! where is my 'thanks' button!
    That was a joke, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12