+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Transitioning From Online Relationship to an In Person Relationship

Transitioning From Online Relationship to an In Person Relationship

Has anyone ever been in an online relationship that continued after meeting in person? Was there much of a difference between online and meeting in real life?

I'm currently in an online relationship and I'm trying to work on keeping myself as "real" as possible, if that makes sense, meaning I don't want there to be a shock of how different my personality is as opposed to my online persona.

Is there any way I can be more transparent? I hope I explained that correctly @__@.

Quote Originally Posted by MaisonIkkoku View Post
    Has anyone ever been in an online relationship that continued after meeting in person? Was there much of a difference between online and meeting in real life?

I'm currently in an online relationship and I'm trying to work on keeping myself as "real" as possible, if that makes sense, meaning I don't want there to be a shock of how different my personality is as opposed to my online persona.

Is there any way I can be more transparent? I hope I explained that correctly @__@.
    Well being there's no such thing as an online relationship. You just need to meet this person and go from there. The only kinds of relationship are ones where you are physically with that person. So, in a nutshell, it doesnt matter whats been going on up to this point. Just set a date to meet up and see what happens.
    Last edited by surfhb; 01-12-12 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Well being there's no such thing as an online relationship you just need to meet this person and go from there. The only kinds of relationship are ones where you are physically with that person. So, in a nutshell, it doesnt matter whats been going on up to this point. Just set a date to meet up and see what happens.
    Why do you say that there's no such thing as an online relationship?

Just how long have you had this 'relationship' and why haven't you already met up in person? Scared?
    I met my GF online. We talked for about 2 or 3 days and then I met her in person because online 'relationships' count for sod all. I prefer a real relationship in the 'real world'.
    Continue too long with the online crap and you begin to invest all sorts of emotions in the 'relationship' even before you've met them. The longer it goes on the wierder an actual physical meeting will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MaisonIkkoku View Post
    Why do you say that there's no such thing as an online relationship?
    Like i said.....its a fantasy. How could you possibly have a relationship with someone you've never touched, kissed, spoken too face to face?

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Like i said.....its a fantasy. How could you possibly have a relationship with someone you've never touched, kissed, spoken too face to face?
    Try getting married bro, its just like that.

Transitioning From Online Relationship to an In Person Relationship? How big is your screen resoulution 1-2 MPixels? Human eye can see over 700Mpixels at the time and in real life you can smell and hear and touch and feel the touch in real time. So PC is nothing compared to a reality.