+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sick boyfriend pushing me away

Sick boyfriend pushing me away

hi there
    i really need some advice, im 33 year old femme and i have been with my 37 year old boyfriend for about 8-9 months and he found out he has a weak heart and leaking heart valve a year ago. he has been on medications and this has effected his whole lifestyle.
    he is very hot and cold, but very genuine where it comes to his intentions about our relationship. he is having heart surgery in 10 days.
    but the problem is that he has been pushing me away for the last one month.

Its a very confusing and hurtful feeling, especially since he has been chasing me for 4 years, i have the strongest purest love for him. but cant understand why he keeps cutting me off lately, then calls me again and tells me he misses me....

i know he has alot on his mind but i feel like im stuck in limbo....

please help

Its because he probably is depresed, read about Anrnold Swartzneger heart surgery - the guy felt really down what is normal after heart surgeries since its heart that affects emoutions and feelings. He does need you but he dont wanna hes problems be your problems.

He might be trying to push you away so you will not feel as bad if something does happen to him. He most likely put up a emotional shell to try to stop you from reaching him. The only thing you can really do is keep trying to be with him and break though that shell. Try to get him to understand that he is not alone.
    Last edited by RipVanWinkleX; 02-12-12 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RipVanWinkleX View Post
    He might be trying to push you away so you will not feel as bad if something does happen to him. He most likely put up a emotional shell to try to stop you from reaching him. The only thing you can really do is keep trying to be with him and break though that shell. Try to get him to understand that he is not alone.
    This is what immediately came to mind when I read the OP's post.

I think RipVanWinkle is right. I suggest you hold on until his surgery is done and he's recovered.

But I also suggest you store this away in your memory. This may be a clue that he pushes you away in adverse circumstances - not a trait you want in a life partner. If he does it again next time something goes wrong for him, you really must reconsider the relationship.