+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The one that not only got away but with whom I didn't have a chance, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Well, the problem is: I'm not the typical average guy whining about not getting girls. My situation is an unmitigated, real tough one. I'm not the average guy; I don't have anything in common with the average 22 year old. My interests are very esoteric so communicating with anyone my age is impossible, since we don't have mutual interests.
    Then you need new interests. Obviously you are interested in getting a girl, so invest some time in that interest, and stop wasting time whining about it. Simple.

I can't be interested in acting like a wigger, smoking pot or dancing.

What did you say your interests were again? Riding bikes, reading books, philosophy, meaningful conversations? Those are very common interests (apart from philosophy perhaps). I just can't and don't believe that in a 2km radio from your house there isn't one pretty girl who is into at least one of those things. You need to stop looking where you are looking now.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Learn to dance, man. Or at least cut loose enough not to care. Girls find that attractive too. Stop taking yourself so darn seriously.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    What did you say your interests were again? Riding bikes, reading books, philosophy, meaningful conversations? Those are very common interests (apart from philosophy perhaps). I just can't and don't believe that in a 2km radio from your house there isn't one pretty girl who is into at least one of those things. You need to stop looking where you are looking now.
    50 Shades of Grey does not count as literature, in my educated mind. Girls read that and Twilight and suddenly feel they're capable of writing English lit dissertations. It's bizarre. And their ideas of meaningful conversations are just sycophantic, optimistic BS in which they think they know the world, along with crass materialism and gossip about other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Learn to dance, man. Or at least cut loose enough not to care. Girls find that attractive too. Stop taking yourself so darn seriously.
    I don't know how to lighten up.

50 Shades of Grey does not count as literature, in my educated mind. Girls read that and Twilight and suddenly feel they're capable of writing English lit dissertations. It's bizarre. And their ideas of meaningful conversations are just sycophantic, optimistic BS in which they think they know the world, along with crass materialism and gossip about other girls.
    This is why I said you need to look elsewhere.

There are plenty of guys who are not into those things, and they manage to get girls. That was very poor excuse. If you aren't going to try something different, people will think you just want to complain without actually changing anything.

If you continue to think as you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got.

I know that is poor grammar, but it rhymes.

This is why I said you need to look elsewhere.
    Trust me; if I just had one last chance at dating, my spirit would be elevated. I wouldn't be moping here on this forum and I'd probably be doing the things I should, the things I want to do and probably fulfilling my capabilities. But without it, I'm just too tired.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    There are plenty of guys who are not into those things, and they manage to get girls. That was very poor excuse. If you aren't going to try something different, people will think you just want to complain without actually changing anything.

If you continue to think as you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got.

I know that is poor grammar, but it rhymes.
    Lol, good point.

Anyway, as to your opening statement: they have advantages I don't. Namely, they're regular guys. Second, many of them probably aren't short and nearly underweight.

Can you post a picture of yourself? Just so that we can all agree once and for all that your looks are not the reason you don't have a girlfriend.

Maybe you'll believe it if we all tell you the same thing, and remove this excuse from your long list.
    Last edited by searock; 03-12-12 at 10:52 AM.

Well, I would except God knows what Imma would do..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can you post a picture of yourself? Just so that we can all agree that your looks are not the reason you don't have a girlfriend.
    Its not his looks. Far from it. This is a confidence issue or he is stuck on 'the one'. Reminds me of OV (who was also a hella good-looking geek type).
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well there are lots of short, underweight guys who get girls. That excuse doesn't work either.

In a perfect world, you would be six foot tall and 200 lbs. But, we don't live in a perfect world, so you have to make do with what you have. The world is full of lonely people. There are people who are married and still lonely. You aren't going to attract many girls crying about it on the internet. From what I know of you, you spend too much time investing in your problem instead of solving it. Every time you tell yourself you can't do something, you are just re-inforcing that belief.

Hey RL, what do you need in order to find a woman?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast