+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The one that not only got away but with whom I didn't have a chance, anyway...

The one that not only got away but with whom I didn't have a chance, anyway...

The thread I just posted in Broken Hearts reminds me of the time: I read Dear Whatsherface in the newspaper one time, and somehow I got the idea that it could possibly involve myself and the hottest girl I ever knew.

I clipped the section out and kept it in a little fancy box.

Her initials were K. O. and she really was a K.O. beauty if you know what I mean.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So. That's your problem. Oneitis. Explains a lot. You need to get over her, kid.

http://cocksanddolls.blogspot.ca/2006/05/how-to-cure-oneitis.html
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh, this was 7 years ago. There's a special nostalgic element with her, too...

This wasn't even what ruined me for good..

What your problem is, isn't your looks, your height or your ride - it's your attitude, particularly towards women. You need to drop the misogynistic bullshit, drop the pretense, drop the drama and just be the best you that you can, without pretense, without faking. She's out there, man. If there's one thing you ever take from me, there IS the one-and-only out there for everyone. The trick is to not be entangled when she shows up - don't settle for Mrs. "Right Now" because you think that's the best you can do... because Mrs. Right will show up shortly thereafter.

I'm just really burnt out. There was a summer where I met girls but one thing happened and I've not met girls in the years since.

There's an honest reply.

Want some honest pointers? I'll give 'em to you if you want. Trust me man... there are women out there for everyone. Can't help but be that way - there are more of them than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I'm just really burnt out. There was a summer where I met girls but one thing happened and I've not met girls in the years since.
    What happened? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Hotaru View Post
    What happened? =/
    Best year of my life, just graduated from high school, prospects and future was looking good, even met a few girls...the one I was about to ask to go exclusive with hooked up with my friend who introduced us. Ever since, I've had virtually no energy save for drinking 3 cans of energy drinks a day and even then, I still find getting up in the morning incredibly hard and generally possessing complete utter apathy since.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    There's an honest reply.

Want some honest pointers? I'll give 'em to you if you want. Trust me man... there are women out there for everyone. Can't help but be that way - there are more of them than us.
    Thanks, but I really can't: we both know I'm too cowardly to try any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Best year of my life, just graduated from high school, prospects and future was looking good, even met a few girls...the one I was about to ask to go exclusive with hooked up with my friend who introduced us. Ever since, I've had virtually no energy save for drinking 3 cans of energy drinks a day and even then, I still find getting up in the morning incredibly hard and generally possessing complete utter apathy since.
    What a shitty friend...

But honestly, you shouldn't still be hung up on her and the reaction shouldn't have been that bad. You took it too personally, you took it to heart when you should have just cut them both off and kept on moving. You're going to have to develop a thicker skin, especially if you want to date because it gets a lot worse than that sometimes.

Thanks, but I don't foresee any chances at trying again....What's the point of learning things if there's no opportunity to apply it?

What, exactly, is holding you back from attempting again besides yourself?

Well, for one thing, apparently I used to have charisma enough to overcome what I'm lacking in appearance but that day was when I lost that.

And now I'm too uncool for a girl; in the years since, I've just retreated further and further into my esoteric interests, losing lots of friends in the process,

Everyone says they're unattractive, some of the most attractive people think they're hideous. It's all subjective.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast