+ Follow This Topic

Thread: talking to the ex for the first time

talking to the ex for the first time

Is talking to the ex for the first time a really awkward, uncomfortable, nerve wracking and 'I don't know how to form sentences for the first time in my life' sort of experience?
    Or am I just a complete moron??

pa

Wait? ...what?..how can you talk to you "ex" for the first time? If they are you ex then....you had to talk to them before right?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

well yeah..i meant after he left me. does that make sense? he asked if i was dating anyone, i told him that i wasn't and that i was doing my own thing and then he said something in his typical way that he hoped that i was at least fondling myself..i laughed and said that once you stop, you don't really crave it that much anymore..and he said that i was definitely different from the other girls he knew and special in my own right...i finally got the guts to ask if he was dating and he said him and his ex are trying it again ..and then i told him some stuff i've done over the past 8 months but i don't think i sounded all that comprehensible or focused, was quite evasive actually...and really nervous!!

i posted the entire email fiasco from last summer previously..
    other than that..he told me about this awesome job he got and how much money he was making, i could care less about his $$ but told him that i was proud of him

thanks for your input
    durka

Definately you guys should talk more.
    I know people who got together after a year or so

Hes "trying stuff with his ex again"...I dis-agree with COAD...why would you want someone who just said that?

that could be true, but most likely isnt
    He could of said that to get her "jealous". I said that sort of stuff before.

wow..really?
    I guess I'm just really honest...I tell it how it is always. I just got a bit nervous....but I wasn't going to lie or play games and say that I was with someone when I'm trying to get my business off the ground and do my own thing. The only thing that he admitted is that he ended it because the whole thing got 'out of control' and I said that maybe it just happened too fast and that I got scared. I'm not sure if 'scared' is the right word to describe it - but I have NEVER felt what I felt with this guy in my life before so maybe THAT scared me. But I loved it. He has fundamentally changed the way I look at life. I just called him on a spur of the moment because I sent some stupid email to my entire address book in my msn list and he was on it and I was hugely humiliated by it (it was a WAYN - where are you now invite). He broke up with me over email (while travelling) and now I'm sending him this travel WAYN invite (ie keeping track of all your friends from your travels)..It was plain dumb. So I was just a bit jittery and nervous. Whatever.

So that's that..thanks guys. I swear this site saves me sometimes. Most times.

Quote Originally Posted by COAD
    that could be true, but most likely isnt
    He could of said that to get her "jealous". I said that sort of stuff before.
    Well then he deserves to have it back-fire on him.