+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GF received jewelry from an old "friend" - Trust Consideration

GF received jewelry from an old "friend" - Trust Consideration

Long story short: my gf is Russian and recently visited Moscow for the first time in 2 years (for 15 days).

Yesterday, she received jewelry and a love note from one of her "friends" in Moscow. Her story: she hasn't seen this guy in ten years, but chatted remotely occasionally. She says he went crazy when she refused to see him during her visit (hence the jewelry).

But this story doesn't make sense to me. Why would a guy who she hasn't seen for ten years (and whom she had only known briefly before that) suddenly mail her jewelry. I think the most likely explanation is that there was a fling in Moscow that she is hiding.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I want to trust her, but the logic isn't working for me.

You just have to trust her. Has she ever broken your trust before?

She's been sneaky. I.E - going to a very high-end restaurant to "just to get take out" - nothing that I've really questioned, but I've kept in the back of my mind.

Be careful with these commies bro. Most of them that live in the states are spies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    Be careful with these commies bro. Most of them that live in the states are spies.
    Russian spys... sexy

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The most appropriate thing would be for her to send the gift back. The next would be for her to give it to someone else, like a sister.

As to why he sent the gift, that's a no brainer. He likes her. How much, only he knows.

Trust comes from you. Trustworthy, from her. Don't confuse the two. Is she trustworthy, or not?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I understand your thought and feel. It's so difficult to trust her immediately.
    But, if you lose your belief in her now, it will be not equal to her. And it can be lead to a break without obvious evidences.
    Although her story seem to be lie, you should find more detail: How they was friend 10 years ago? What did they talk when they chatted removed? How did she meet him when she visited Moscow? What did they talk and do when they meet again? Why did he give her that jewellery ???
    Despite of knowing the truth, you should ask her gently and cleverly. Don't ask all of the question directly and overwhelm. It can make her feel offended.