+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She says she cannot do commitment.

She says she cannot do commitment.

There is a girl I have known for about about year, on and off. But in the last month, we have been in a social group and got to hang around with each other loads. I've got to know her and have now seen her in a completely different light. I've been single for all of this time...and I would dearly love to start a relationship with her, beyond our friendship. But it is not something she will even contemplate. She has never been in a relationship with anyone, and doesn't think she could handle it, letting all the barriers come down and sharing a life with someone. She just wants to have a casual relationship with me (although she wasn't clear as a one off, or an on-going one). I'm less keen on this to be honest for a number of reasons. It's not something I've really done before. I'm a bit frigid about sex. We basically have the opposite problem.

The other night on a night out, with a few drinks in us, at stupid o'clock, she said, 'I don't deserve to be loved.' I said she did. Then she told me off for using her words against her. She is quite out-going and seemingly happy, so this statement was surprising and makes the issues even less clear.

What do people think? We are in the same social circle, am I on a hiding to nothing...so should I just keep my distance from her? Or try and embark on a one-night stand and hope that brings us closer? I am a little confused about what to do to be honest.

Do not one night stand her if you want something serious. She said she doesn't deserve to be loved and you say she cannot commit. She obviously fears getting into a relationship. Find out what scares her so much about it. This is my guess at least.

Don't embark on a one night stand, with the intent of bringing her closer. Just **** her but don't act interested, and keep after other girls. After a while, she'll either come around or you'll find someone whose wants match yours. No need to miss out on no strings attached sex.