+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend Makes Racist comment

Boyfriend Makes Racist comment

Hey Everyone

I am a black female and I currently date (i guess you can say we date) a guy that is from South America. Anyway, so this past weekend he and I were talking and hanging out just enjoying each others company. I guess he had one too many drinks because he was just talking about everything he wanted to do for me and going over everything he has done for me. So my response was something like yes you do take care of me. (i always feed his ego) Then he's on some s*** like "I know im the best you ever had because your probably just used to talking to ni**s that dont have anything. I didnt really respond. I dont know why but I didnt. I dont know if he was being racist or if he honestly just feels that way. He kept saying it over and over though and thats not true because I have dated other black guys that had it together so I dont know where he got that from and to avoid an argument I'll let him think he is.

Now he is isnt technically "white" but he does center himself around whites more but he does have a few black friends. I have never seen him be racist or anything. One time he did say to me that he liked me because I was a sweetheart and most black women are problematic. Other then that he is polite (for the most part).

So what should I say to him or am I over reacting? I didnt tell my friends because (im not racist in no way) but my 3 best friends are black and they think he all about himself anyway so I'm just asking you all to get advice from all over. I currently live in the SouthEastern US.
    Last edited by PradaChanel; 05-12-12 at 05:09 AM.

Not only did he make an assumption about your race but also about you directly. If you have any self respect dump him.

He sounds like an ass. You should dump him and when you do tell him it's b/c "Black men have larger penises".
    Last edited by Maple1714; 05-12-12 at 05:30 AM.

lol to the comments above. I think he was either joking to make you laugh or actually being racist. Everyone is racist, it just depends on how racist you are. I think you need to talk to him about it and tell him that shit bothers you. If he respects you in any way he will apologize and understand your feelings and never make stupid racist comments again.

What an asinine, pompous dickwad. You shouldn't trust guys who profess to rock your world sexually and especially not with a backhanded racist compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    What an asinine, pompous dickwad. You shouldn't trust guys who profess to rock your world sexually and especially not with a backhanded racist compliment.
    I withdraw my previous post and go with this one ^. I would still suggest talking to him about it before deciding to dump him.

Thank you all. All of you have made valid points and I am going to talk to him and let you all know how it goes. Maple, your post made me laugh because I always have to reassure him that the sex is good because I think he thinks that because I only previously dated black guys that he is up for competition (and he is). He never said that but I can tell. Lol.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I do believe it is somewhat of a cultural matter. Most of the South Americans I know are much more tolerant of racism than the average Californian. I was surprised to be told that racism is pretty much standard in Latin America, the brown people even discriminate against each other based on how light or dark their skin is. Go figure.

I don't mean to imply that you should overlook racism because it may be a part of your B/F's culture. I am just saying that even if you are able to influence HIM in a positive way, you should expect some of his knucklehead friends to say stupid things now and then... I dated a man from Chile, and more than once he had a friend casually say something derogatory about Jews, not realizing I am Jewish. What more can you expect from a country that embraced large numbers of fleeing Nazis after WWII?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

He is insecure and probably thinks you've had larger penises than him because of the black guys you have dated.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I dated a man from Chile, and more than once he had a friend casually say something derogatory about Jews, not realizing I am Jewish. What more can you expect from a country that embraced large numbers of fleeing Nazis after WWII?
    Except she's not really Jewish, because she converted. Also, keep in mind who you're taking advice from, Prada. It really says a lot about a person when their big aspiration in life is to be a Jew.

What is wrong with being Jewish?

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    What is wrong with being Jewish?
    Name:  hia denial.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  9.3 KB .

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Not only did he make an assumption about your race but also about you directly. If you have any self respect dump him.
    You forgot to add she should still f*ck him until she finds a brother from another mother.

I had a South American BF before... My first Serious BF and I learned that Latin men also have large penises! Lol. That being said, seems your guy has some strong stereotypes he lives life by. How does this make you feel? You can just date him for a while and talk to him about what you've noticed...then if he still offends you it's up to you to make a change. And he will prob. have some dick head friends like someone said in an above post.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 05-12-12 at 10:49 AM.

Name:  sp lol.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  10.6 KB .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast