+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she feel the same?

Does she feel the same?

Okay, so there's a girl I am friends with in school. We're casual friends, don't really talk outside of school much. Well she broke up with one of my good friends about 3-4 months ago and I've been waiting to ask her out because of that. I recently talked to her about going to a concert. She seemed pretty excited, like she wanted to go, but when I mentioned bringing some friends along she wasn't as into the idea. Possibly because one of those friends was her ex, who she isn't very fond of, but recently went to prom with. But she didn't give me a straight yes or no. she said she'd tell me after prom. So prom goes by and I talk to her about it and she says "I don't know, I really wanna go, but I don't. You know?". I over heard her saying what I thought was "If he wants to hang out why doesn't he just straight up ask me?" to a friend of hers. What's holding her back from going? Is it the fact other people are going? Is she trying to not sound like rude saying no? I don't know.. should I try asking her to a movie or dinner, or something more formal than a concert, something with just the two of us?

It sounds to me like this girl likes you and when you asked her to a concert, she took it as a date. When you decided to invite other people, she was probably bummed because now its no longer just the two of you but a bunch of people. She wont be able to get close to you because her ex will be there so you are just placing her in an awkward situation when you shouldn't. As for what you over heard, if you heard right, sounds like what I just said. She wants to go out with you but she thinks you are hiding behind your friends. Just straight up ask her out. Just the two of you. Somewhere fun is always a great idea for a first date. The concert was the perfect idea but you blew that so now you have to come up with something just as good. Got a six flags or another theme park by you? Maybe ask her to something like that. Make it something memorable but let it be just you and her. If you don't want something like that then dinner and a movie is ok but that is more of a backup date plan than anything and its a bad first date option since the movie gives you no time to talk. Then again, if you go to the movie first, at least you'll have something to talk about at dinner. It's up to you though dude. Good luck.

And WOOOOOOOO for me. 1000 Posts baby! *dances*