+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can guys and girls be just friends?

Can guys and girls be just friends?

So I met this girl a couple of weeks ago who I find very interesting. We hung out at the bars, got to know one another....invited her over to my house with my friends where she gave me her number along with her email. So I waited a few days to respond since I didn't want to give the impression I was stalking her. I really like this girl. Well Tuesday....rolls around and she calls me out of the blue on the night I was going to call her to make plans for the weekend. I had mentioned playing poker on Thursday nights and she was interested based on the conversations we had when we first met. I wasn't able to have a poker night on Thursday and I informed her of this. In fact, I asked her to dinner on Friday and she hesitated and said.....well....as friends right......I hesitated and said yes ....of course.....I so much wanted to say it was a date but I decided to play along with her intentions. She was going to get back to me by the weekend to see if she wanted to hang out or not. I receive an email later in the week and she wants to spend Saturday evening hitting golfballs on the driving range......mutual interest of ours. I blew her off of course by making an excuse because I was offended by her not wanting to go out to dinner on Friday. Next week......and thereafter......I email her because I like her and want to pursue a friendship because I really like her. I analzye this over and over in my mind thinking she maybe wanted to get to know me more in a casual setting....golf course. Since then....emails get shorter.......I have asked to hit golf balls together...response = a "no" maybe some other time. I want to be friends with her because I have never had a solid girl friend....girl........friend....of the non relationship variety. How can I maintain a relationship with this girl? Her interest level went from %90 to 35% in a matter of weeks. Did I do something wrong here? Confused....girls advise please. I have invited her to group outings even so she wouldn't feel so pressured. She is new to the city and doesn't have very many friends. Thats all I have to give you for facts. What can I say or do to let her know I want to be friends? I believe I could win her over if we became friends first. Why is she so hesitant when girls want the guy to take the initiative. Very confused.

Being friends with a girl is possible, if you both have the interests of "Just friends". If even only one of you wants more, its gonna fail.

Turning her off because she turned you off, was a big mistake. You could of used that chance to put yourself on the road to good friends.

About the interest thing, Girls can have alot of interest and dont show it or have none and show that they do.

That is, She may act like she isnt interested and at the same time have a crush on you. Or act like she has a crush on you, but inside have no feelings for you at all.
    This "unpredictableness" does fade if you get into a serious relationship, she will be able to express her feeling much more freely.

Good Luck with that man!

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/t6141-cant-guysgirls-be-just-friends.html[/url] you might want to read that a girl asking the same question. maybe you can see the girl your talking about point of view from hers.