+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, is he flirting or being friendly?

Guys, is he flirting or being friendly?

Ok, so I recently started my first job. Everyones being really lovely to me and its a really nice environment. I met this guy on Sunday and he was just like hey hi, how are you? whats your name? where you from? and all that stuff... but today was different.

So where I work, we all like to tease each other and stuff. And today, he was really close to me. Like there was this customer who was really posh and we were just taking the mick and it was really funny and idk it felt nice to have a laugh with him. Whenever he was serving a customer, he would glance across at me and then i found him whispering to another co worker who then came over to me and started talking.

As the day went on, he carried on just teasing me, even upto the point when one of the other girls who worked there said, don't worry he's just flirting. Then he made up all these weird accents while talking and then when walking past me he was like, gosh, what is up with all you girls taking up all this space? well it was me and like 3 other girls. But when i left to go home, i was halfway out the door and he went, oh so your off? And we literally stood there and talked for like 2 mins, teasing each other. Then he gave me a hug...

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WAS HE FLIRTING... WHAT?
    I don't want to get the wrong idea... I mean its my new job lol

BBTimeless Guest
    This is a little bit tough. This guy sounds a lot like me, in that I flirt quite a bit with playful teasing. The tricky part is determining if this is part of his personality or if this is different from the way he acts around other women. Some of the other girls you work with might be able to shed some light on this. Don't be afraid to ask them "Is he always like this?" with a smile and yet genuine interest. Their reaction will be the key here. They know him better and can give you a bit more information.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BBTimeless View Post
    This is a little bit tough. This guy sounds a lot like me, in that I flirt quite a bit with playful teasing. The tricky part is determining if this is part of his personality or if this is different from the way he acts around other women. Some of the other girls you work with might be able to shed some light on this. Don't be afraid to ask them "Is he always like this?" with a smile and yet genuine interest. Their reaction will be the key here. They know him better and can give you a bit more information.

Hope this helps.
    heyy
    when i was with another girl, all she said was dont worry hes flirting and then i looked at him and he smiled at me...?

BBTimeless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
    heyy
    when i was with another girl, all she said was dont worry hes flirting and then i looked at him and he smiled at me...?
    Looks like you might have your answer then. Good luck and let us know how it does.

so today he was taking the mick out of me and really teasing me, and today when we were in the stock room he just turned around randomly and went to me, look stop curling your hair ok? gosh go do some work! i was actually plaiting my hair and i didnt realise that he was actually looking at me. and on top of that he was talking to a friend and his friend asked him whether he was getting married or married and he went hopefully in the next year and i think he knew i was listening and his friend then asked him oh so youve found someone and he was like nah nah not yet and i think he might have looked at me and idk the whole day he just really teased me and what not..... im really baffled!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTimeless View Post
    Looks like you might have your answer then. Good luck and let us know how it does.
    the post above?