+ Follow This Topic

Thread: im not vary good at dating... some advice?

im not vary good at dating... some advice?

i met a girl a month ago and i really like her. we have some new classes together, always sit together, chat in the hall i think that she is giving me signs - we flirt a lot, but other then time we spend on collage i don't see her. last week i went on a road trip with the other people from our collage, she didn't (had some other stuff to do) and now when i got back i contacted her and asked her out for a drink under the excuse to tell her how it was on the trip and what she missed.
    now i don't know how to behave, i am not sure if she gets whats on my mind, if i be direct and she only considers me a friend its going to get uncomfortable and if i take it slow i'm afraid to end up in a friend zone. so how should i behave on this "date"?

i forgot to mention that she said "yes" to the drinks, but you probably figured that out...

I'm meeting her in two hours, so fast help will be extremely appreciated.

Thread: im not vary good at dating... some advice?

Hi Nidzo
    This may arrive a bit late for your date. However if I am in time based on my experience I suggest that you tackle this head-on. Don't hold back, just be yourself (because that's who you are), say what you think, and above all be totally honest in everything you say. I was extremely shy in my earlier years and strange as it may seem, this seemed to appeal to a lot of very attractive girls. Please let me know how you go on this 'drinks' date Go easy on the drinks, though!
    Regards and all the best
    Rusty

Thanks for tips and support Rusty, but I'm afraid I fu*ked up a little bit...
    We had a great time, talked openly, had a lots of laughs, there was no uncomfortable silence, 3 hours passed like nothing, but it was just two friends hanging out. I thought it was stupid to say "hay i like you if you haven't noticed" in the middle of a conversation. I gave her a few compliments while walking her home, but at the end we just hugged.
    What am I suppose to do now? I can't tell her how i feel in class or hall, and I don't want to use mobile or any kind of social network for this either. I really thought she would figure out my intentions when I asked her out... How do I ask her out again and let her know that I want something more?
    Oh, by the way, in two weeks she's going to Hungary for three weeks to visit family so I want to get this over with before she goes. Considering all this, what should I do and when should I act?

Quote Originally Posted by nidzo View Post
    I really thought she would figure out my intentions when I asked her out...
    How did you ask her out? Did you use the word "date"? Did you pay for her drinks? Are you friends? If you're friends and you didn't use the word "date", she may have thought that you were just asking her to hang out as friends - which you confirmed when you didn't kiss her at the end. You need to be more explicit next time:

How do I ask her out again and let her know that I want something more?
    Make sure you use the word "date". You can tell her something like "Hey I want to take you on a date, how about dinner on ___? I know a really nice place, you'll be amazed ;-)". If she likes you, she'll love the idea, and you get to take her on an actual date. If she doesn't, she'll decline and you'll know that she isn't interested, so you will be able to move on. It's a win-win situation.

If you do go, make sure you share physical contact all through the night (not just at the end). For example, hug her and kiss her on the cheek when you meet her, find playful excuses to touch her, remove hair from her face, help her take off/on her jacket, put your arm around her shoulders as you walk, etc. After dinner, kiss her.

I think you should ask her out tomorrow.
    Last edited by searock; 07-12-12 at 06:53 PM.

first thing is to be yourself. and in middel of that u will tell her that you like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitsss View Post
    How did you ask her out? Did you use the word "date"? Did you pay for her drinks? Are you friends?. Make sure you use the word "date".
    Yeah, that's a bit of a problem since my native language is not English and we do not have a word that defines situation like - date... Usually when you ask someone for a "drink" it means you want to date that person, but we also use the same line when you ask a friend out so... Any other line of words I could use without using word "date" that would not sound lame?

Thank you for advices so far... I appreciate it.

Oh, yeah I know what you mean, in my language there isn't an equivalent either... well there is a phrase, but it's really cheesy and nothing you would say in spoken communication.

I think if you tell her "I want to take you to dinner, I know a really nice, romantic place in ___... how about Saturday night? :-)", the message should be clear enough! Keep us updated ...

If any girl giving you time then somewhere he also like spend time with you...

But remember don break any girl's heart