+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Friends With Benefits

Actually, He could very well have low self-esteem and he gets his worth through his dick. (not to be confused with dick-the-poster above, of course). However; that doesn't mean that because he has lots of woman he automatically has low self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by lolove View Post
    If you have a "friend" or seek out a "friend" for personal gain, that is the act of using someone.
    Whether both are okay with that or not.

People that are in a FWB kind of relationship are not going to think
    "Oh, I'm being used." Because they are using, too. They are "gaining."

It's mutual. "I use you, you use me." It's a deal two people make together.

In that kind of relationship, people typically don't focus on what is actually going on.

I did tell you and you haven't told me anything.

All you have told me is that is that if both involved are in agreement, that no one is being used, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. They have agreed to use each other for the time being because neither one are desiring commitment.

My religion is completely irrelevant to this topic.
    By that definition of using someone marriage = 2 people mutually using each other as they get emotional gratification out of each other (well, hopefully anyway) and sexual gratification (again, hopefully). Compared to FWB in which you only "use" each other for one thing. Guess that means married couples use each other twice as much as FWB? I'm only applying your own logic here.

Actually there are also tax benefits to being married. And social benefits. And employers are more likely to hire you if you're married than if you're not. So far (again by your own logic) married couples use each other 5x as much as FWB do. And we haven't even covered all grounds yet.

Wait, some long term or married couples get intellectual stimulation out of each other if they appreciate each other's minds. That means 6x as much.

And since you apparently think FWB is worse than long term commitments and marriage based on the fact that FWB are "using each other", the above points conclude that marriage is actually 6x worse than FWB. Again, we haven't even covered all grounds, married couples "use" each other in many, many more ways than this

Again, this is your own logic being applied. When applied in less bias fashion than you did this is what one comes up with.

Edit: Totally missed Wakeup already having said most of this lol
    Last edited by dickriculous; 08-12-12 at 07:03 AM.

^^ okay well you used her logic far more clearer then I did in post #45. So yea... what he said.

Edited due to reading comprehension fail
    Last edited by dickriculous; 08-12-12 at 07:16 AM. Reason: misinterpreted the quote

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    No, the point went completely over her head. My point was exactly what I posted and she literally made up something completely different from what I posted. Low self-esteem? Based solely on the fact that I used to fukk around a bit? Talk about grasping for straws.

And the idea that i can't commit to one woman when in fact I am proving her wrong as we speak is another indication that she is willing to make anything up if it supports her bias.
    I don't think she was referring to you when she made that statement but rather to her FB.

Someone told her she had low self-esteem for being in a FB situ with this guy so she's wondering does he too have low self-esteem if he's one of many. I could be wrong but I'm thinking it wasn't about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I don't think she was referring to you when she made that statement but rather to her FB.

Someone told her she had low self-esteem for being in a FB situ with this guy so she's wondering does he too have low self-esteem if he's one of many. I could be wrong but I'm thinking it wasn't about you.
    Shit...now I see what you're saying. Time to edit

You know, I am not here to make anyone feel bad.. I want to make people feel good.

The only benefit I see from marriage, is being able to spend the rest of your life with someone you love.

Marriage is the initiation of choosing who you chose to do this with..

People don't have to go through legalities to be considered married in my eyes, but to me, marriage is sacred and was brought to people under God.

God wanted us married under our government, despite how crooked and unjustifiably taken over it is..

Even those who don't believe in God, in a romantic/sexual relationship, are still considered married. It is when we leave the one we once loved that we are considered divorced..

If you're going to get married, why not be married in every possible way there is?
    (ceremony, documentation, ect..)

Marriage is not about benefits, however, they are inevitable..

I don't really care what the typical married couple thinks they benefit.

In marriage, I benefit from my lover's happiness.. If the person I love isn't happy, then I am not.
    I focus on making my lover feel cared about and loved, not what I am going to get out of it.

I probably could have made more sense here, I probably didn't express myself as well as I could have, but I am tired..

I'll be waiting on your rebuttal.

I really don't know what marriage has to do with FWB. FWB is not for everyone yes but people do it because they know they are not ready for marriage or not interested in it at this time in their life. Having these kind of experiences teaches you about relationships and things about yourself. This is what I have experienced: Any kind of relationship whether it's friendship, FWB, or marriage there are risks no matter what you choose to do because human nature is not perfect. Being married under GOD doesn't stop people from cheating, lying about their sexuality, or being abusive. Marriage vows are just words, the true meaning of love and respect is what is felt from the heart......you don't need a ceremony under GOD to have that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234