+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok for Girlfriend to go out to clubs/bars with friends?

Ok for Girlfriend to go out to clubs/bars with friends?

Here is the problem we are facing. My GF goes out almost every weekend with her friends, this involves places where most of the guys are looking to hookup and whatnot. I trust her, but i dont trust any of the other people there, because she has guys coming up to her ALL the time trying to touch her, dance, flirt, kiss, etc... and i cant always be there. My whole point is that if you go alone to those types of places your looking to hookup, why else would you go? she says she is just having fun. This is driving me nuts, any advice? Is this even normal for girls in relationships to go clubbing without the BF?

I think you are being a little overprotective because if you REALLY trusted her, you'd let her go to these places and you'd just secretly worry slightly. On the other hand though, she knows you are pretty upset by all of this and yet she still does it. If it's really that upsetting, maybe consider sitting her down and having a little one on one chat with her about it. Tell her how you are feeling and maybe it will slow down and eventually stop.

Quote Originally Posted by nas7
    Is this even normal for girls in relationships to go clubbing without the BF?
    depends on the girl, personaly i love going out but wouldnt want to go without my boyfriend, maybe for a night out with the girls or something but id never go alone. Maybe she just likes the attention, not nessesserily the men, but the attention they show her.

are u a boy
    i dont believe
    how can u let her go with others
    maybe she is cheating you
    if necessary beat her or leave
    but never let her go with others
    wHat u ThinK is WhAT U wAnT tO tHiNk abouT

Hey

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. My g/f goes to the clubs every weekend religiously, and when shes out and I text her, she never replies. I dont see her on weekends and rarely hear from her, and all week all she says is 'I cant wait until the weekend'

Are you happy with your g/f? I'm starting to question whether I really am happy with mine (theres more to my situation than i've stated here)

Hope everything works out how you wish.

Here is the problem we are facing. My GF goes out almost every weekend with her friends, this involves places where most of the guys are looking to hookup and whatnot. I trust her, but i dont trust any of the other people there, because she has guys coming up to her ALL the time trying to touch her, dance, flirt, kiss, etc... and i cant always be there. My whole point is that if you go alone to those types of places your looking to hookup, why else would you go? she says she is just having fun. This is driving me nuts, any advice? Is this even normal for girls in relationships to go clubbing without the BF?
    You say you can't always be there...So I take it you are unable to go out with your buddies either? There isn't much more to the club scene other than hooking up, but there still is though....Dancing for one, I know a lot of girls like to dance and dance and dance, does she dance a lot? Running into old friends is a possibility, getting wasted on free alcohol bought by all the peering guys(which is much cheaper for you than you paying for it).
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

You wouldnt find me in a club..I have been to one but would never return. The people there are only looking for one thing... to hook up! Hey its their lifestyle its their thing..
    When it comes to your girlfriend doing it..I wouldnt like it either.
    I'm the type of girl who does need others attention to satisfy how I feel about myself. If she does, maybe shes a little insecure? Maybe she wants more attention.
    I know a lot of people would say well shes just having fun. There are other places to have much cleaner, safer, more clothed fun than a club or bar.
    You need a classy girl
    ~Sarah~

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. Girls like to go out and dance & have fun with their friends once in a while. She's still with you isn't she? If she wanted to be single and meet guys, she wouldn't be with you. If you notice other weird things that she does, like being secretive, or not answering your calls, or cancelling plans with you...then I might get suspicious. I know that in my last relationship, my bf didn't trust me, and he wouldn't "let" me go out to places like that. In my opinion, there's needs to be trust in a relationship for it to work.

calm

My opinion would be to try and keep calm about the situation and trust her until and unless she proves you wrong.I am in similar situation my girfriend goes out couple of times a month with one of her single mate's who is very wild and whilst i am slightly uncomfartable about it ,making a song and dance about it wouldn't help things.If you can show your girlfriend that you trust her then chances are as your relationship deepens these nights out will become less and she will probably want to spend more time with you if she feels the same about you,good luck all the best ,james.

My whole point is that if you go alone to those types of places your looking to hookup, why else would you go? she says she is just having fun.
    You said yourself that she goes with her friends. I guess that her best friends don't have a BF/GF so they still feel like clubbing for the purpose of hooking up, and wouldn't want to meet at a different place when they can meet at a club where thay have hopes of finding a hook.

Would you stop seeing your own friends because of your relationship? That is one sacrifice which can seriously doom the relationship itself.

On the other hand, it's possible that you two are still very young, and she still likes to receive attention from other guys. That is not a problem, as long as it doesn't evolve into something else.

If you care for this girl, just trust her... If she really does something wrong, it doesn't really matter whether you trusted her or not. If she is faithful, your mistrust or jealousy can instead worsen the relationship for no reason.

Of course talk with her about your feelings, but without being angry ok?
    Don't listen to The Wise, listen to yourself.

Sure why not? If you guys' love is strong enough. trust me, it would be more worrying for a guy to hang out with his " guy friend " rather then a girl with her gang. Girls noramlly never work with their dick, coz they simply don't have one.

Appropiate concern is cool, but if it's too much of accousing going there, your girl will be disgusted...........SO, becareful, and most importantly you have to trust her, if you can't or she isn't worthy of it, go find another goody.
    Last edited by Alicias; 30-07-05 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicias
    Sure why not? If you guys' love is strong enough. trust me, it would be more worrying for a guy to hang out with his " guy friend " rather then a girl with her gang. Girls noramlly never work with their dick, coz they simply don't have one.
    What a crock of shit. You're either flat out lying, or have a LOT to learn about yourself and women in general.
    Speak less. Say more.

It sounds like she is about 21, and is caught up in this newly discovered college/bar scene. If she really just wanted to have fun with her friends, it woudln't be the club/bar every weekend. It would be the club/bar every now and then... the movies here and there.. dinner every once and a while.

I don't trust the desperate penis suckers there either. Have you told her that it bothers you how FREQUENTLY she goes?

To answer your direct question, yes it is ok that she goes. If you have a serious enough problem with it, she knows this, and still goes.. then its time to find somebody that cares about you.
    Last edited by MrDrum; 30-07-05 at 06:20 AM.

Man, I had this issue way back when with one of my old girlfriends. She'd have the girl's night out with her friends and they would go dancing at clubs and drink and what not. The first couple of times, she would go, and then stumble into my house looking to get some. After that, she would just come to my house, shower and sex, than sleep. Now that we're broken up and we just hang out at the clubs together, you've got to realize that more than likely, she's dancing with some guy and if it's a club, they're most likely dry humping! She always showed me all the numbers she got at the club and kind of just kept them in her purse attached with a rubber band. Almost like a trophy. At the time, I was cool with it, because she would always come back to me at the end of the evening instead of some other dude's house or going back home (hopefully alone). We guys just have got to face it, girls love attention. At clubs, there's plenty of horny guys willing to give them just that! Dude, you've just got to trust her, if you don't, then what relationship is that anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDrum
    To answer your direct question, yes it is ok that she goes. If you have a serious enough problem with it, she knows this, and still goes.. then its time to find somebody that cares about you.
    End of story. Really.
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast