+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think she likes me but she rejected me when I asked her out.

I think she likes me but she rejected me when I asked her out.

This girl broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago. About two weeks after she broke up I started talking with her some. I am in high school and she started asking me to sit next to her in class and eat lunch with her. We would also hang out with each other at school. She is very good looking and has a few guys trying to ask her out, but I am the only one she really talked with in school, but she would text these other guys frequently. Our exams are coming up and I asked her if she wanted to study with me one day. She said I will think about it, and has avoided me since. What did I do wrong? and Was I reading the situation right.

She saw you as a friend, and she wanted to be seen with a guy so that other guys wouldn't bother her. She thought that you saw her as a friend too, but when you asked her to study together she realized that you were romantically interested in her, so she distanced herself from you, because she isn't.

Maybe, among guys around her, you're most comfortable to her to talk with and share. But that was a friend !
    She has broken. It's not easy to come to new BF 1 month later. You are soon harry.
    Asking her learning together was your proof for interested in her. She has seem to afraid you and refuse your invitation.
    Now, I think it will be better if you try to ask her out in school in a subtle way.

Actually your way of thinking is quite different from her. You think her as different way and she thinks you as friend. So you are not comfortable with her properly. In your case it is better to talk her as friend otherwise you will lose your friend.

She is just a friend and was seeing you sincere . Just be a good friend who knows what she is wanting the next.
    We do not choose our destiny, it chooses us!

Yup. And don't kid yourself about her liking you in the future: it's a done deal already. You can try to be friends with her again but there's nothing else there.

Quote Originally Posted by rodger View Post
    This girl broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago. About two weeks after she broke up I started talking with her some. I am in high school and she started asking me to sit next to her in class and eat lunch with her. We would also hang out with each other at school. She is very good looking and has a few guys trying to ask her out, but I am the only one she really talked with in school, but she would text these other guys frequently. Our exams are coming up and I asked her if she wanted to study with me one day. She said I will think about it, and has avoided me since. What did I do wrong? and Was I reading the situation right.
    Total friend zoned.

Always give up when it comes to "very good looking and has a few guys trying to ask her out": the hotter the girl, the more fierce the competition. Unless you're a bronze Adonnis, take what you can get bro.

I can see her frustration too. Being really attractive has it's drawbacks. Pretty people tend to be treated differently, and she is no different. She can't have a normal conversation with a guy without them asking her out. It's frustrating for her because she isn't treated as a normal human being but like a piece of meat.